New projects

R
ryan808
Got a request from a buddy to build a Ducks rod for him. I started dabbling with composite handles and found a color close to a duck color. The grips turned out pretty good, too bad they take too much time to fab. I got the handle built, now to wrap the guides and try to figure out a decal for it.

• IMG_1346.JPG
  • IMG_1347.JPG
  • IMG_1349.JPG
  • IMG_1348.JPG
Last edited:
R
ryan808
Here a pretty in pink rod a buddy asked to build for his girl

W
waco
Damn dude your good! Those are nice!!

C
colbypearson
whats the top rod built for? handle looks super long!- they look GREAT ryan!

might have to get another from ya some day! maybe real soon hmmmm.

troutdude
troutdude
That green one sucks...because I'm prejudiced against that color! It OFFends my webbed feet! LOL

The other one looks more purple, and looks really cool.

R
ryan808
colbypearson said:
whats the top rod built for? handle looks super long!- they look GREAT ryan!

might have to get another from ya some day! maybe real soon hmmmm.

You know I thought about that after I glued up the handles, no worres it fits TR's fishing stylesitting down and jigging with the handle under arm.

I was gonna build an OSU rod as his rods rival,lol but couldn't find the right colored fiberglass to match.

When ever your ready for that rod. I'll be more than glad to wrap it for you.

Last edited:
R
ryan808
I kin da went sideways when I started the pink rod. My intentions were pink, and didn't notice how much purple I put in the marble till the rod dried up.

Thanks for the words Waco

troutdude
troutdude
I won't reef on your arm too much...to get you to build an OSU rod for me or two)! I love fiberglass. Do you use S-Glass?

I'd be tickled pink (or orange n' black); to have two matching ultralight trolling rods. 7 footers, 6 - 10 mono line, with finger trigger (similar to the green one). I'd use them for flat lining (or using down riggers) for kokes n' trout.

Sending a PM.

Last edited:
R
ryan808
The fiber glass were the handles and the rod graphite. Man I haven't wrapped a glass blank in ages, your giving me ideas now :think:

brandon4455
brandon4455
awesome projects...that makes me want a ducks fly rod...

C
colbypearson
ryan808 said:
The fiber glass were the handles and the rod graphite. Man I haven't wrapped a glass blank in ages, your giving me ideas now :think:

im thinking 8' heavy action with a moderate fast taper, any ideas on blanks? heard phenix is good i will look into it some as well!.

T
tomriker
Lookin good! Can't wait till this spring to catch some big pigs with that green machine :)

C
colbypearson
lets hear the statistics on that thing?

R
ryan808
Phoenix swimbait blanks will fit the bill for what you want, sent a pm your way.

The duck rod is a 7' MH 14-18 lbs

Reactions: Raincatcher
P
PNW Sam
Very nice Ryan!

I'm loving the rod I bought from you! Going out steelhead fishing in a half hour, hopefully I hook in to something.

R
ryan808
PNW Sam said:
Very nice Ryan!

I'm loving the rod I bought from you! Going out steelhead fishing in a half hour, hopefully I hook in to something.

Thanks Sam, do tell how the trip goes today.

T
TTFishon
Damn dude, you're a busy man! Those rods look nice!!!

R
ryan808
TTFishon said:
Damn dude, you're a busy man! Those rods look nice!!!

Lol, thats what happens when its cold and no bass to fish. Yours is next on the chopping block.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice looking rods!

T
TTFishon
ryan808 said:
Lol, thats what happens when its cold and no bass to fish. Yours is next on the chopping block.

Woot, woot!!!