Need info on Detroit lake

L
liquidplumber
Never been there.I"m going to visit my son in Eugene shortly and take him fishing and maybe camp.If open.We have a boat so any info will be nice.Trout ,cokes etc.
Thank you.

brandon4455
brandon4455
launch at the boat ramp at the upper lake and work your way down trolling in the middle near the buoy that is out by the boat dock for fisherman. you will pickup some small lanlocked chinook and some stockers using spoons and very small rebel crawfish crankbaits. also try using flashers/dodgers alogn with others spinners and spoons. and if you go work your way down the lake troll both side of the island for stockers and kokes. or try the breitenbush arm with large blue rapalas for land locked nooks up to 5lbs kokes are way deep and a bit hard to locate unless you ahve a fish finder and a downrigger.

B
Bad Tuna
Personally I'd go up high on the Breitenbush arm, where there is still current. Green turbo dough power bait will get you into 10-14" native rainbows flushed out of the Breitenbush. A few weeks ago, a boy about 6-7 got a nice 16" brook trout next to my son. I've never seen a brook trout come out of there, but they are excellent eating.

Reactions: brandon4455
L
liquidplumber
Thank you for the info guys.Does any one know if a campground is open or is there too much snow?

B
Bad Tuna
It is snow free. I believe there are 3 campgrounds on the lake, maybe 4.

brandon4455
brandon4455
yeah theres quite a few campgrounds. i prefer tumble creek i believe it's called. very upper end of the lake.

good luck!