My Crane Prairie weekend

S
Sage_Flyguy
Lol ok so here is how the weekend went . Friday morning we leave town around 8 drive to Haystack Reservoir. 4 trucks 3 trailers 8 pontoon boats 1 drift boat and 10 guys. We literally pulled into the parking lot , talked to a local about the lake , camping etc. The campground didn't have many people in it , looked like a few trailers and motor homes primarily and older crowd. We were concerned that beings it was a bachelor party we didn't want to annoy anyone if we were up past 10.

So we spent a total of 15 minutes there turned around and drove to Crane Prairie. We camped at the end of the dirt road near rock creek campground. No fishing the first day. But we had quite the show to watch just after dark we got some neighbors , ( any of you familiar with this camp spot knows there are trees and several Boulders ). Our neighbors appeared to be 2 guys in their mid to late 40s and a younger kid in his late teens early 20s. Well 1 of the older gentleman decided to try and drive his 2000s dodge pickup either through the trees or RAM the boulders out of the way , with very little success. He tried for about 15 minutes and he managed to knock over 3 pine trees and completely destroy the passenger side of his truck and front bumper.

The fishing was slow we landed 3 trout , the largest being 18" and 2 large mouths of no particular size. The weather was great being there with my closest friends and family was even better. The neighbor was an idiot who gave us entertainment and a story to tell.

Jer

L
lilsalmon
sounds like a good time.....the bachelor party stuff seemed to have got left out...:D I guess your neighbor was celebrating too....One day will have to try fishing there

F
FlyBum
What a dumb $hit LOL LOL :) Good story though too bad the Crainbows weren't cooperating with you!

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
Who needs The Hangover II, when ya got the real thing, live?

People keep telling me that all the cold snow-runoff water is what's making Crane spotty right now...but when that lake finally starts to drop and warm up, look out!

Troutski
Troutski
Rainbow Camp...

Rainbow Camp...

Not only do I know the site, but it has a name. Great place to be any time of the year, sorry for the unwilling Cranebows..must have been all the noise from the Bolder bashing :lol:. Next time you plan a trip to Crane let me know...I have a map with over 15 years of places, springs and the such..old school GPS ;).
Thanks for the great post, sure made me smile...tight lines.

Chuck

• P4280012.jpg
  • P4280008.jpg