June OFF gathering: Wickiup/CranePrairie

C
Choptech
Water temp was 65 at Crane when I went a couple weeks ago. Trout were smashing my Blue Foxes left and right but no bass

T
troutmasta
L
Lurker
What campsite y'all at? Spent an hour yesterday asking people if they were from OFF. GP52 is reserved by a large middle school group..

B
billfisher
It's The 10th, 11th, and 12th. It is group site #52 gull point landing.

T
troutmasta
5 days!

EOBOY
EOBOY
troutmasta said:

4, ​I just Picked up the night of the 9th! Not sure what time I'm leaving Thursday, sometime in the afternoon I guess. Hope to get out early Friday morning.......HOT D@#m!

B
billfisher
WooHoo! I just might do that too! :thumb:

EOBOY
EOBOY
Check in is 4pm so hope to get there about then

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

O
OnTheDrop
EOBOY said:
Check in is 4pm so hope to get there about then

Leaving from my trip in the Valley around 2. Call me Wednesday Dana, we will hit the road together!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
EOBOY said:
4, ​I just Picked up the night of the 9th! Not sure what time I'm leaving Thursday, sometime in the afternoon I guess. Hope to get out early Friday morning.......HOT D@#m!

Dana- so you booked site #52 for Thursday night?

EOBOY
EOBOY
Yes I decided why not, I won't have to move Friday

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
EOBOY said:
Yes I decided why not, I won't have to move Friday

I like it, early Friday fishing sounds good, I just confirmed an upgrade to my weekend fishing pass, I'll head up Thursday late-afternoon...cheers, roger

EOBOY
EOBOY
I take it that upgrade is courtesy of the Boss? We'll keep you posted on when we are leaving Thursday sounds like we may not get there till around 6.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
EOBOY said:
I take it that upgrade is courtesy of the Boss?

yep.

B
BaldTexan
rogerdodger said:
great looking fish,

sunrise is for fishing, windy afternoons are for IPA....

has anyone that's been up there recently checked the water temperature?

IPAs and fishing! Surface temp was 69. Fish are still scattered but all caught were typical quality Cranebows.

Just got home from a 3 day camping trip with 2 buddies. Slow Friday and Saturday. Caught a few nice natives we released. Sunday and Monday were pretty good. Hooked a few large bruisers we couldn't keep out of the snags. Caught a lot of rainbows in the 16 to 18 inch range. Half were clipped and are now brining for the smoker :) We managed a couple of 20+ inch keepers. Caught most in the trees. Managed a few from the Quinn channel today.
9f0666a9f31f036cc0ccfdbd901198aa.jpg

EOBOY
EOBOY
Cool Paul, looking good

B
BaldTexan
EOBOY said:
Cool Paul, looking good

Thanks Dana. It was nice and hot like bass fishing in Texas. Wish I could make it this coming weekend like planned but my daughters prefer coffee shops, malls, and the beach. I'm gonna try to get out there again this summer when the damsel flies are everywhere in the timber. Fly fishing is a blast there then.

J
Jlag
Looks like a native fish? Pretty sure you didn't release that one.....

hobster
hobster
Jlag said:
Looks like a native fish? Pretty sure you didn't release that one.....

Uh oh, here we go..... Either it's the camera angle or that is an ugly fish :D

J
Jlag
It clearly has an adipose fin and is dead......

Top Bottom