Muskie and bass fishin!

M
muskieguide
I had one shred a pontoon on my 9 foot fish cat once. That sucked. Bank access on the lake is next to nothin so we'll need all the boats we can get. The carp in there are crazy strong and fast. You can't use any heavier than 8lb line and they will spool you on occasion. even the little 10lbers will. If I can find us parking for our rigs theres an island on the lake we can camp on too. For carp you can get a chum line with bread goin on surface and then throw bread imitation flies or worm imitation flies at em.

brandon4455
brandon4455
it shreded a pontoon? yeah dont feel safe with legs in the water..ill make sure to tie some worm flies for the carp any topwater action for bass/muskie in june?

M
muskieguide
Topwater will be on in june there. tie the bread flies on a size 4 6 and 8 hooks fat white body with brown head. can rub em on a slice for scent. Had a 47 incher rip my left tube to shreds when i was tryin to land em. Luckily i was only in 3 feet of water at the moment

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
sounds exciting! can't wait

H
hawgcaller
Man, sounds like the pontoon is definitely out of the question. Sounds ridiculous but didn't even think of that. lol. Hey gloomis85, you need someone to tow the ranger up? lol. first dibs.

M
muskieguide
I've landed several from a pontoon boat. You just gotta get to shore quickly if you hook a bigger fish.

M
muskieguide
If you guys get the chance, download a google map of lake tapps and I can break it all down for you on whats where and give you better explainations on the lake

B
Bassdad54
mapquest shows a lot dock fishng areas,looks big,are a lot of local club tournaments held there each year?

M
muskieguide
There are about a half dozen bass and muskie tournaments there each year. The lake is man-made and surrounded by docks and is full of stumpfields trees weedbeds rocky points channels flats coves islands inlets outlets and is an overall fishermens dream. it would take a solid week of all day fishin to properly cover the whole lake

M
muskieguide
You'll want to have you sucker, perch and trout lookin swimbaits ready, Chartreuse and black spinnerbaits ready, every senko you got, and any bucktail spinners you got will work up there. Perch and suckers are their main food in that lake. I've had em attack bass though that I was fightin. Green and black are great colors in there. For those of you that tie, red/black, green/black, black, orange/black, purple, and purple/black bucktails are good. You'll want to tie em on 2/0 and 3/0 treble hooks. Rapalas and super shad raps are good in there.