Mckenzie trout report

jamisonace
jamisonace
image.jpg

Good day on the Mckenzie. We did a quick float but found fish all over. The fish pictured was 15" and took a mega prince. March Browns were sporadic but I did manage one fish on a dry and missed two other strikes. Most fish came on large nymphs but two came on a bhpt.

Beautiful day to be on the water. Sunny, dry and warm. Almost unbelievable for the last day of February.

Can't wait to get back out there.

N
Native Fisher
Pretty cool, I spent the best summers of my youth rowing a raft trout fishing from Hendricks to bellangers....

C_Run
C_Run
Nice to see someone getting out and taking advantage of the good weather. Last summer we spotted a lot of nice specimens when we went with your friend, John, and got one on steelhead gear. They are beautiful fish.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Chris, come hit it with me someday. It is hard to beat a day on the Mac throwing bugs. From now until fall, excluding high water events, we'll be catching fish.

C_Run said:
Nice to see someone getting out and taking advantage of the good weather. Last summer we spotted a lot of nice specimens when we went with your friend, John, and got one on steelhead gear. They are beautiful fish.

S
sapo
Gorgeous fish! I need to get down there