• Poll closed .
B
beaverfan
Aye! Can't wait to hear how this went!

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
WINDY for OFF Outing

WINDY for OFF Outing

We put in around 8:45 A.M. Breeze was clipin" along bout' 25 MPH. Pulled my son and his friend in a row boat behind my drift boat, went East into wind and had blowover spray. Pulled into a natural inlet looking to escape the wind and find fish. Marked schools near the points but had trouble anchoring. No take downs on our presentations. Big Mama and daughter went looking for rocks. Went over to the boys who had brewskies and had a couple. No bites there also. Big Mama gave me the high sign as it was time to head out. Pulled out and told Andy that we were headin' out and will miss the BBQ. Talked to Brian from Springfield. He was takin' out right after us as his friend went overboard out there. He is OK, just wet and cold. We headed off in the direction of home trying to convince my crew that we could seek calmer waters, but took a pole and not enough votes to carry on. Hope for another OFF outing, with calmer weather.....Fred :)

E
eggs
Man what a hell of a ride back from the dam!

M
mosd
im sooo exhausted, ill post pics "after" i take a nap an talk abit more...... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

F
Finneus Polebender
The wind did get feirce , the mornin was cold , the fish were there but not in great numbers. Mosd did have a very nice trout right to the boat I still had a great time was very happy to finally get out to one of the OFF events and meet several of you all. A big thanks out to Mosd for the seat ,you got out quick for dexter didn't get a chance to thank ya before ya left . Good to meet and fish with you Grandpa Ron, all in all we had an enertaining day. Thuggin nice job on organizing the event , will be lookin to attend as many as possible in the future. The potluck was just what the belly needed after braving ol Lookout all mornin. Oh and another round of cuddos on the fall creek event sorry I missed that , and will be ready for the next good deed. here are the few pics I got hope all had as much fun as I did.

Last edited:
Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
OHhhhhhh

OHhhhhhh

As an example: If the water looked like it did this morning at Lookout, and I was at O'Dell Lake, I would have opted to making an awesome breakfast and playin' cards or shooting horseshoes than going out to face that wake........Later........ Fred OH my lower back is sore from jumpin' up and down........more iceee colds.....ahhh :yay::yay:

troutdude
troutdude
Been there!

Been there!

mosd said:
im sooo exhausted, ill post pics "after" i take a nap an talk abit more...... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Been there, done that!!! ROTFL :lol::lol::lol::lol:

T
Thuggin4Life
Man what a crazy day. At least it wasn't raining and the wind died down around noon. Sorry fred I need glasses and I didn't recognize you and I was a bit disoriented from the night before and lack of sleep or I would have bs'ed a bit with you. I had to tow eggs back across the chop from halfway down to the dam. Lots of spray. You guys missed out on one heck of a BBQ! Nice to put some faces with the names. I will deffinantly try to go/organize another get together and pray for calm winds. We got several small chinook and a 2 nice rainbows. Fished were ever the wind allowed and even went up in the main channel and used the wind to troll the boat sideways and the electric to get us away/close to the shore as we floated down. So glad I have a bigger boat! Some of the guys went to try dexter after the BBQ. I still can't believe the poor luck on the strong winds, it was crazy for most of the day. I got up there a bit late but still was on the water before sunrise. Don't remember setting turning the alarm off. Had A hangover most the morning and in my hasty rush to get the boat hooked up I forgot the camera so I had to use a cell phone for a few pics but I am sure other people took some. I was wondering why brian never showed up. Thats too bad. Thats A big pike minnow you got there. I guess most of us got a least 1 fish today. I hope you saved that NPM for crab bait.

Last edited:
E
eggs
I hooked and lost a steelie and landed 3 trout under the Jasper bridge.. the trout we're jumping like CRAZY most were too small to take the hook but they sure had a blast pulling my yarn...

T
Thuggin4Life
Good deal! My buddies floated form the dam all the way to springfield today. Last I heard around 11ish the has a huge takedown and a few good sizes cuttties.

B
bd2cool
Hey Guys-
I got two rainbows-10 inch and a 12 inch.

Andy I sorry to miss out on the bbq-Ron call me around 11:30 and said his party was landing to eat and then head to Dexter.
I pull in behind them and loaded my boat-as I got to the top on the ramp they was headed back down to relaunch.
With my bad leg I am going up that ramp only one time :)
So me and Jacob went home and kick back for the afternoon.

D
diggindan
We enjoyed the day.Kinda windy but sunny. No fish for us, but enjoyed meeting some OFF folks and always enjoy eating.
Cheers, Dan and Polly

T
Thuggin4Life
Crazy how none of the pictures show how bad it real;y was out there. Bd2Cool you should be a PI since i never notice you taking all those pictures. i sure like the way my boat looks in the water. To bad you got those funny looking pics with the beenie folded up so I could hear eggs better. Yeah i was trying to find dan who had my keys and went down by the dam and made the mistake of using the binos and and missed him so I went all the way to the upper end to find no keys but that the wind wasn't so bad up there and it had started to die down a bit so we fished and pulled out 2 nice rainbows. Other wise I had givin up and was gonna eat early. Good thing I missed dan or I wouldn't have ended fishing that upper end. Having those radios was nice i need to get a set. I pulled in at dexter and dind't see any of your cars down there but realized the way everyone other than TT would take to get home would have put you at the other ramp. There were a bunch of sail boats in the parking lot(no shortage of wind) and a few boat trailers. seen a handful of boats on the water but couldn't tell were you guys were. Did you see The other andy out there? We decided to call his "crappie jon" "jetski" and i am sure any of you guys who were out today know why. Anyways glad everyone made it out sorry if we didn't talk much or I didn't see you out there it was an experiance is all I have to say.

B
Brianb1962
Hey Andy,
Sorry that I missed you on the water. We put in right after fish on fred around 8:45. Fished across from the launch for a while. My buddy picked up two bows. Where trolling against the gail force winds, pulled into one of the coves to get out of the wind when my buddy lost his ballance and overboard he went. Forchunatelly, we were next to shore and were able to get him in. Man that watter was cold. That was the end of that day. Pulled out around 11:30 right behind fish on fred. Sorry that we didn't get to stay for the BBQ, sounds like it was good. After I got my buddy home and did a few chores, my loving wife let me go back to fish the rest of the day. Finished the day at Dexter. didn't get one bite, pulled out and went home around 6:30pm.

T
TTFishon
I'd like to say thanks to Andy for setting this up. Thanks to Mosd for the open seat. Thanks to everyone who showed up, it was nice to meet you. And thanks to the fish for biting our hooks. I had a great day!

T
Thuggin4Life
Its fine I understand I would have left too. I thought I got stood up, lol. No it was a cool little event and we should do something like this sometime soon. Maybe the OFFicial OFF gatering? Who did that last year? No one is talking about one yet and I want to go. I guess three of the lookout boats made it for an afternoon at dexter. I would have done it as well but I had others that didn't sound enthused so I went along with it and went home.

B
beaverfan
Ya we gotta have another BIG gathering this year. I think Detroit would be a great option again because of it's "central" location.

T
Thuggin4Life
I heard no one got into any fish at detroit.

T
Thuggin4Life
diggindan said:
We enjoyed the day.Kinda windy but sunny. No fish for us, but enjoyed meeting some OFF folks and always enjoy eating.
Cheers, Dan and Polly

Ashley and my roomate both love those brownies you made Polly. And don't eat sweats but I had to try one and I have to say they are really good. Thanks for coming and for the brownies.

B
beaverfan
Thuggin4Life said:
I heard no one got into any fish at detroit.

Ya but that aint gonna happen with me and you there! LOL Olallie Lake would be awesome fish wise, that place is insane in july but there's no motorized boats allowed. I'm down for just about anywhere.