Looking for my first ever steelhead some help would be nice

F
fishingfool
decided to try and get out there this weekend and try for bday steelhead also first ever any info would be greatly appreciated thanks to all and FISHON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B
bigboy70
ha i get a rare chance to do this.

but WELCOME TO OFF as for the steelhead advice I won't be much help this is my first season and am yet to land one.
Theres this nifty search bar at the top use it. Lots of advice and fishing techniques for steelhead are already on here you just need to put in a little time searching and reading. A lot of questions will be answered this way. READ AND LEARN then take it to the river and apply. I read a lot of stuff on here and thought I knew what I was doing come to realize nope lol I learned more going out and trying what I read instead of reading more. also more help would come if we knew what area you were in or what rivers you planned to fish.

TIGHT LINES AND WELCOME AGAIN!

Last edited:
F
fishingfool
bigboy70 said:
ha i get a rare chance to do this.

but WELCOME TO OFF as for the steelhead advice i wont b much help this is my first season and am yet to land one.
theres this niffty search bar at the top use it. a lot of advice and fishing techniques for steelhead are already on here you just need to put in a little time searching and reading. a lot of questions will be answered this way. READ AND LEARN then take it to the river and apply. i read a lot of stuff on here and thought i knew what i was going come to realize nope lol i learned more going out and trying what I read instead of reading more. also more help would come if we knew what area you were in or what rivers you planned to fish.

TIGHT LINES AND WELCOME AGAIN!

I plan on fishing where I hear the steelhead are but I live in canby and looking to travel about an hour and a half

S
steelhead1
where do you want to go?

F
fishingfool
thinking of the clack or the right coastal river haha anything helps

F
fishingfool
maybe salmon river or necanaccum river

S
steelhead1
Hit em low low to mid.

F
fishingfool
what has been working for bait bobber and jigs eggs pink worms and thank for the advice much appreciated
:thumb:

S
steelhead1
I would try eggs for bait, nightmare patterns on the jigs, Pink worms work in all conditions. I have been getting most of my fish recently on egg patterns (glow bugs and beads).

C
cddunn
Cover lots of water.