Looking for guide for Eugene area.

D
dndwood1
Hi every one.
My wife and I will be in Eugene July 7 to 14. We are interested in hiring a guide to take us fishing one of the days. The problem is we don't know any guides. I was hoping some one on the forum could point us in the right direction, may be someone you know? When I registered I put in my e-mail address, I hope that is how you can PM me, if that would be more conveint.
Hope to hear soon,

brandon4455
brandon4455
fly fishing or spin fishing and what kind of fish are you after??

if you are after some catch and release fly fishing fun for trout/summer steelhead in the eugene area from a boat

look up brian marz or the caddis fly angling shop.

R
rippin fish lips
dndwood1 said:
Hi every one.
My wife and I will be in Eugene July 7 to 14. We are interested in hiring a guide to take us fishing one of the days. The problem is we don't know any guides. I was hoping some one on the forum could point us in the right direction, may be someone you know? When I registered I put in my e-mail address, I hope that is how you can PM me, if that would be more conveint.
Hope to hear soon,

July is the "peak" of the season so i think you have picked a great time to come to the Eugene area.
Type of fishing would really help to? Fly fishing or spin fishin like Brandon said?

I Am friends with a few guides around here that will help me out and get the right guide for you and your wife.

The trout are bitin real good.

The springers are in, and when july hits there should be plenty of fish for everyone.

And there is Catchable numbers of Summer run steelhead in the system now. They are big, and will give a fight that you to will never forget. If you are looking to eat the fish to, i would go for a guided steelheading trip. The fish are fresh, chrome bright and are thick.

Here is just a little teaser of a Mackenzie River summer steelhead i just caught on sunday.

photo.jpg

I wasn't going to share these photo's because i Usually don't post my pics on other peoples threads... But i thought this was a good time to do it because this river is one of a kind when it comes to fish with color and fish that put all they have in their fights. Here is a Native Rainbow I caught this year. Pushin 18 inches.

Rainbow.jpg

Then.. there is a lot of these pretty little fella's... Average size will be about 8-13 inches, with an accoasional lunker.

Cutthrouat.jpg

Any of the people at The Caddis fly angling shop, definetly know what they are doing on both the Willamette river and the mackenzie river. The mackenzie river is there home, and they are guys that will make sure you have a great time.

One last thing.....

I suggest, (if you have the $$$) trying to make it a two day trip with the same guide, or set two trips up with two different guides for different species of fish.

Why do i suggest that? The season has been a little wierd this year, with some days no action at all, and a lot of random days, a lot of action goin on.

When you know what guide you want to hire, talk to him/her and tell them what you want to fish for. Make sure you tell them you want to do some catch and release if the fishing is red hot.

Last edited:
O
Outdrsmn
Second Vote for Brian Marz if fly fishing. Great guy and even better fisherman. If you want salmon and steelies on traditional gear...Brett Stewart.

18406ej
18406ej
I have known Brett Stuart for many years, and he knows the McKenzie stone for stone. He is, in my humble opinion, a genius guide, a tremendously nice guy and has great prices as well.

I hope that you enjoy Oregon. I grew up in Eugene so I feel comfortable telling you that when you visit I want you to remember that everyone in Oregon is not like that.

EJ

PS- Couldn't find an e-mail address on your page (I amn't very smart), but you are welcome to PM it to me and I can give you some contact info as well as some things to see/do (and not see/do) while in Eugene.

Last edited:
D
dndwood1
We would prefer traditional equiptment ,we are familiar with spinning gear. Salmon would be on top of our list of species.
How can I get in touch with Brett Stuart?

18406ej
18406ej
Brett is available at (541) 521-4694

D
dndwood1
Thank you, called and left a message.