John day and kids

J
john montana
e6726eee.jpg

ab6178fe.jpg

Just a fantastic day on the John day with the kids. *That river is a paradise for young fisherman. *Elia and JJ caught about 30 bass each, and hooked tons more that popped off. *There were stretches when they were hooking up on every cast. *

0fb9da93.jpg

881afc3b.jpg

No big ones, but they were big to the kids! *We threw small jigs and twister tails, which makes it pretty easy for the kids. All they had to do was cast and reel.

2bc66743.jpg

2a5aedd4.jpg

Definitely going to set up a float trip for next summer. *The kids had a blast, and I saw a few carp tailing...one nice one in the 15 lb range. *No time to chase after them today, the kids had me hopping. *Great day on the water!

S
SeanC
Nice. I been thinkin of taking my two girls up there. Ya did a good job dad!

H
halibuthitman
see, you won't even let your kids touch a carp! ha, you got my vote, fishing dad of the year!

S
steelhead_slayer
:clap: love to see the kids out fishing :clap:

S
Spydeyrch
Nicely done there John!!!! :clap: I have to get my kids out there some time soon!! :think:

-Spydey

H
Hendo30
Well done dad, thanks for sharing...keep up the good work. Nice to see everyone had a great time.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Way to go John!! Those are some good pictures.

S
Sage_Flyguy
It looks like you and the family had a blast. Thats an amazing river for scenery , carp , catfish and most of all Smallies. We go every year the 2nd or 3rd weekend of July and just knock them dead. We camp along the river in Service creek and float from Spray ( about 12 miles ). I highly reccomend setting up a float trip , you wont be disappointed.

This year for us however was just a little bad luck , we got over there right after some thunderstorms and the river was a chocolatey brown. Zero Visibility , we only managed to hook a handful of Smallies due to water conditions , but the trip is still awesome. I am Glad you got the little ones out there to experience it.

Great Post , Great Pictures and Great Fun
Jer

G
GDBrown
Love the photo of the dress at water level.... Priceless!

I'm thinking I'll have to give that a try with a fly rod and poppers some time. When would be the best time of year for poppers?

GD

S
Sage_Flyguy
April is when the big ones are landed but less frequent , mid summer it will be every cast you have a fish on. The reason I say mid summer is because June is when the river is usually blown out

Chromatose
Chromatose
SMILES SMILES & MORE SMILES......................GOOD JOB BY YOU DAD !!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

I am with GD about your Daughters dress...........Priceless for sure!

bass
bass
Great post John. Love to see the kids fishing. I offered to take my son fishing yesterday in my kayak, but he just wanted to swim in the river instead. We had a good time, but I was a little bummed that he did not want to go fishing. I need to get him hooked again :)

T
Trout-tacular!
Those are some good smallies and great smiles right there, priceless.

J
john montana
Thanks...it was a great outing! I loved the picture of Elia and her skirt...that cracked me up. she fishes in STYLE!