Jigs is back...with a PSA

J
JeannaJigs
9186980f.jpg

Only picture I got that remotely came out.

Andddd...

86d7df05.jpg

R
rippin fish lips
Welcome back on they water! :D and its still a nice fish after not being able to fish for 2 or 3 weeks? what did u trick her into bitin? a jig ima guess!

J
JeannaJigs
rippin fish lips said:
Welcome back on they water! :D and its still a nice fish after not being able to fish for 2 or 3 weeks? what did u trick her into bitin? a jig ima guess!

I got out twice for salmon steelhead in the last 5 weeks, last weekend and then yesterday. She actually took a hideous size 5 spinner.

R
rippin fish lips
ah i see, i ussually dont use size 5's but im startin to get into those sizes. but not now cuz of low clear waters. But im glad to hear that your back out on the water!! Ill be drifting the mac or the willy tomorrow-thursday.

J
JeannaJigs
rippin fish lips said:
ah i see, i ussually dont use size 5's but im startin to get into those sizes. but not now cuz of low clear waters. But im glad to hear that your back out on the water!! Ill be drifting the mac or the willy tomorrow-thursday.

The water was crystal clear, but was a deep fast moving hole so threw it out there with a chunk of lead to get it drifting off the bottom. I've realized size doesn't matter for salmon...if you irritate them, they're gonna hit it. If I had had some 6's I'd of thrown them too!

M
Mike123
Fun day indeed. I have never, in the history of floating the river, have seen that many people on the river. It was like bumper boats. Jeanna failed to mention the anchor story that is still haunting me. lol. Note to self: do not drop anchor above gnarly rapids and expect it to hold! Long story short, boat almost sank. hahaha. :D Jeanna just made me nervous all day cause I was rowing her boat. ;)

Hey and if anyone has any old eggs they don't want I'll take them. I lost 4 and landed 2 on some old crappy eggs that had been sitting in the bottom of the boat for a week! And it was a brand of eggs I usually wouldn't use. lol. You gotta weed through the darkies to find a keeper now in the middle drifts.. I was REALLY surprised to see nice red meat in my fish. They're hatchery fish anyway.. BONK BONK BONK.

J
JeannaJigs
Hahaha I seriously forgot that you almost killed us and my boat, all the crazy people distracted me from remembering the near death experience! We seem to always have some kind of "adventure" like that...but it makes it interesting? I'm just glad I saw the anchor rope feeding out when I did lol. Or I wouldn't be laughing right now.

M
Mike123
JeannaJigs said:
Hahaha I seriously forgot that you almost killed us and my boat, all the crazy people distracted me from remembering the near death experience! We seem to always have some kind of "adventure" like that...but it makes it interesting? I'm just glad I saw the anchor rope feeding out when I did lol. Or I wouldn't be laughing right now.

Hahaha you wouldn't have an anchor right now if you wouldn't have seen that. May have been safer to let the anchor go then row up and grab the rope and reel it in.. now that I think about it.

Q
qwapaw
Hey Jiggs, Just glad we can still count you in the long list of super fisher persons. It was a tough go for you I know. I hope to see you on The suislaw this fall. The Nook will be bigger than ever, if my crystal ball is correct. Anyway, I am betting one of my vacations on it. Way to go on th catch, keep it up. Tight Lines, Qwa

J
JeannaJigs
Mike123 said:
Hahaha you wouldn't have an anchor right now if you wouldn't have seen that. May have been safer to let the anchor go then row up and grab the rope and reel it in.. now that I think about it.

LOL yeah but...with our luck, never woulda got that rope. That was some raging current, and a non floating anchor line lol.

We survived. You didn't sink my boat. The day was a success lol.

J
JeannaJigs
qwapaw said:
Hey Jiggs, Just glad we can still count you in the long list of super fisher persons. It was a tough go for you I know. I hope to see you on The suislaw this fall. The Nook will be bigger than ever, if my crystal ball is correct. Anyway, I am betting one of my vacations on it. Way to go on th catch, keep it up. Tight Lines, Qwa

I'm hoping for some burly fall nooks! I'll be hitting the upper tidewater during slack a lot with a bobber and eggs.