Jiggin'

O
OnTheDrop
Well, with all this rain it's time to start preparing for the season ahead. These next 3-4 months of hunting chrome are probably my favorite times of the year. Been stocking up on tying materials this past week trying to get ready for the drop and months to come. I'm not quite finished with the Salmon yet, but them being my priority is dwindling..

Here's a few of my most successful color combos in the winter. I'm shooting for 50-60 more by this Sunday on top of my dozen so far. If anyone is working on there own feel free to post up.

Also, I'm open to suggestions of colors, materials and tips as I'm no where near a pro at tying.

Cheers,

( Shoot, idk how to make the pictures all upright )

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
C
ChezJfrey
Well in my opinion, the ones you have there are money and the nightmare and pink/white account for most of my jig fish this year...about all I'd add is maybe peach/white, red/pink and on that occasion none of the above work, try blue/white.

O
OnTheDrop
Thanks,

I've done well with white/blue in summer. Never tried it in the winter though. I usually rotate between the above and some orange combos on occasion.

Anticipation is killing me right now!

J
jesse202505
Try some purple. My most successful color this year. IMG_20131007_184606.jpg

S
skunk
Nice job all. Don't forget some Wilson colors...pink with chartreuse butt.

F
fishing_mission
Not trying to hijack here but where do you guys buy your jig heads (unless you make them ). I usually just buy a few at a time from cabelas but any good places to get bulk?

hobster
hobster
Nice jigs! Great tying jobs guys, makes me want to practice a little more. ^^^^ I get my jigs at Bimart, they only have pink and white (bummer) but they are about a buck a piece with gamagatsu hooks. I've painted some blanks I got from the fly store myself, it works well with good paint and a good exterior lacquer to seal it. Wonder the best place to get bulk though?

B
bigboy70
awesome jigs can't wait to try tying them myself. iive been inspired now all i need is well........everything ha i see another new hobby to go with the main one (wonder if i can get the misses on board)

B
bigboy70
NCM_0243_zps441c5aae.jpg

Heres my first attempt

B
billfisher
Very nice first! That will catch!

B
bigboy70
YouTube is a wonderful teacher for some stuff

B
bran_man
Nice dude those look professionally made. Nightmare its $!

S
SOMCREW
Some deadly looking jigs!

P
PTownAngler
fishing_mission said:
Not trying to hijack here but where do you guys buy your jig heads (unless you make them ). I usually just buy a few at a time from cabelas but any good places to get bulk?

You can get them in bulk for a good price on Ebay

S
Sage_Flyguy
Hey guys, I too bought my first vise a couple weeks ago. Here is the 4th jig I've tied. Would appreciate any advice.IMG_20140101_151343.jpg

I
igot_it
Ok I'll submit mine for review. A little late to the party. First jig.jig.jpg

I
igot_it
little better pic.jig 2.jpg

B
bigboy70
I'd ease up on the marabou a lil bit and tail length from what ive heard is the length of the hook shank thats I do but hey New to tying as well love the color scheme.

D
DrTheopolis
I've had good success with long jigs. More "wiggle" to them.

hobster
hobster
bigboy70 said:
I'd ease up on the marabou a lil bit and tail length from what ive heard is the length of the hook shank thats I do but hey New to tying as well love the color scheme.

I agree. All depends on water height and clarity but the way this winter is going I'd go a little smaller. Looks great though!