Is this legal ??

F
fish4life14
Ok I have a couple of properties that are privately owned and I was wondering if I still need a fishing license to fish it? I have been told by some people that you don't but I just want to ask and be sure cause I don't want all of my gear to be taken away. And I don't have my license cause I don't have the money right now.

J
JeannaJigs
If it is a pond that is contained on the private property that you own, it's all good without a license. Rivers that run through private property don't count.

troutdude
troutdude
As I understand it; you must be the property owner. If you are not; then you are fishing ILLEGALLY without a license.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Check page 5 of the Oregon fiishing regulations under license requirements. Section three the elements are 1 you must be a resident of the state 2 you must own the land and 3 you must reside upon the land. So it more than just owning a piece of property, you must live upon it. The land owner and his immediate family are allowed to fish. Residing would not be camping. Good question though.

F
fish4life14
Ok thanks guys. Well it looks like is better just get my license to "cma"hahah

W
waco
You can get a land owner fishing license but you can only fish in your property, if you want to fish somewhere else you need to get a regular license!

M
MadDog
It's probably just safer/easier to get an Oregon fishing license then you shouldn't have to worry short of trespassing on some one else's land.