I'll take this over catching, almost

S
skunk
Went down to the river just to be doing something besides sitting since this nasty foggy stuff seems to just hang on everything. Work in it all week so didn't feel like working around the yard in it. Didn't catch anything, as usual, mind you I'm not complaning just commenting. Got home to a hot meal and....wait for it...fresh hot out of the oven choc. chip cookies. Got the best wife, makes not catching worth while if you ask me!!!

kirkster
kirkster
skunk said:
Went down to the river just to be doing something besides sitting since this nasty foggy stuff seems to just hang on everything. Work in it all week so didn't feel like working around the yard in it. Didn't catch anything, as usual, mind you I'm not complaning just commenting. Got home to a hot meal and....wait for it...fresh hot out of the oven choc. chip cookies. Got the best wife, makes not catching worth while if you ask me!!!

Ok skunk if your wife is standing there holding you hostage. give me some kinda signal. No No Im just kiddin ya bro thats great good for you guys.

PS is there any cookies left?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I'd say she's a definite keeper... ;-)

C
ChezJfrey
skunk said:

Nice!

But don't be fooled...I've been married for awhile and figured some things out. Yeah, the super sweet wife makes chocolate chip cookies and you go on thinking she did it special for you, but come to find out...SHE was the one that wanted the cookies...LOL!

I suppose it doesn't really matter because, well, YOU still get cookies, so it works out well. :)

H
Hawk
It's hard to beat homemade choc chip cookies, but but, Homemade blueberry cheese cake is mighty delicious too.......

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool:
:clap::clap::clap:

B
BobbiDollPDX
::::sigh::::

Someday I'll find my "Manicorn" and he will sit home baking cookies while I go fish.

troutdude
troutdude
ChezJfrey said:
Nice!

But don't be fooled...I've been married for awhile and figured some things out. Yeah, the super sweet wife makes chocolate chip cookies and you go on thinking she did it special for you, but come to find out...SHE was the one that wanted the cookies...LOL!

I suppose it doesn't really matter because, well, YOU still get cookies, so it works out well. :)

WHAT??? Women LIKE chocolate? Say it isn't so...LOL.

troutdude
troutdude
BobbiDollPDX said:

Someday I'll find my "Manicorn" and he will sit home baking cookies while I go fish.

Sorry dear; but me thinks you'll have a difficult time finding "the one" on here.

N
nimzrock
My much better half is in charge of the kitchen at a farm store south of wilsonville. Every day she cranks out dozens of pumpkin and apple cider doughnuts, cookies, pies and her signature kaluah cakes. My waist line is grateful she does not bring her baking left overs home but the scratch soups she makes every day are always welcome.

troutdude
troutdude
Pumpkin and Apple Cider doughnuts??? I'd weigh a ton, if I had easy access!!!

S
skunk
Hang in there bobbidollpdx, I'd much rather my wife was fishing with me but with winter steelhead being in 'winter' she looses interest fast. Summer fishing is ok, winter not so much. And I have to share the cookies with my 3 kids so I learn how to play 'nice', thats the hard part. LOL

C
ChezJfrey
skunk said:
...And I have to share the cookies with my 3 kids so I learn how to play 'nice', thats the hard part. LOL

I can relate as I also have 3 kids. Normally, quite a bit of decent food goes to waste so I have a habit of eating stuff left over on their plates. Unfortunately, the other night, one of my boys had a 1/3 of a pizza slice sitting on a plate at an empty table for 20 minutes. I grabbed the remainder and snacked on it. When he found out it was missing, he broke into tears as it was the last piece.

He cried to my wife, "Daddy ALWAYS steals my food!" Yikes, gulp...I felt really bad. From now on I guess I should ask if they're done to avoid further damaging my standing in their eyes...hehehe. :)

kirkster
kirkster
BobbiDollPDX said:

Now why would you want a " man to corn ":shock: I think some guys dont like that:think:
BWAHAHAHAHA AHEM HEHEHE

I
imfishing
BobbiDollPDX said:

For you ma'am - I will machine an easybake oven complete with 100 watt light bulb right into the hull of my North River Scout.

:cool:Then we can both bake "cookies" while we fish.:cool:

I think I like eating the dough more then the actual cookies though.:lol:

B
BobbiDollPDX
kirkster said:
Now why would you want a " man to corn ":shock: I think some guys dont like that:think:
BWAHAHAHAHA AHEM HEHEHE

lol

B
BobbiDollPDX
imfishing said:
For you ma'am - I will machine an easybake oven complete with 100 watt light bulb right into the hull of my North River Scout.

:cool:Then we can both bake "cookies" while we fish.:cool:

I think I like eating the dough more then the actual cookies though.:lol:

I never had an easy bake oven, maybe that's why I'm not terribly domestic.

N
nimzrock
Imfishing , Your on the right track with the cookie dough. Dianne (my doughnut queen) has the philosophy that cookie dough is fat free because its the baking that makes us fat !

troutdude
troutdude
I'm not even gonna guess the name of the web site, that pic came from! :shock::shock::shock:

T
Troutier Bassier
ahahahahaha :lol: :lol:
Girls my age don't like guys who fish a lot..
That new show, Wanted adventure host II, gives me hope....

S
skunk
Wow, hope he can cook too, I'd hate to see that show up on the river!!!