How was the fishing in the Willamette?

B
bernduffy
While banking upstream from Sellwood, I saw two seals swim upriver. Chasing springers?
BTW: does the slot they swim in indicate a hot springer possibility? (One predator learning from another.)
Bernie

F
Fish Fight
Fishydog said:
Where?
How?
What?

Willamette near Meldrum on anchor using pink prawn with a green spot spinner blade.

3-7-10 Fished from 2:00 - 4:00. Talked to a friend that I anchored up next to and his boat got one earlier in the day.

S
stream2.5
Multnomah channel was warming up nicely yesterday, approx 20 caught around coon island, 4 caught between browns landing (mccuddys) and the tank hole between 5 boats, for the overall number of boats fishing was fair to good, the water is approx 2.5 ft visability and clearing, had one takedown that was a long line release due to equipment failure...:(:(. and 1 nice 13 lb keeper. for 5 hrs of fishing 4 rods.

F
Fish Fight
Been fishing OC and it's been very dead sense the little dash of winter. The water has dropped about 3 degrees. In the last 4 trips I've seen 2 steelhead caught with one taken away by a sea lion, a sucker fish, 1 shaker sturgeon and 1 oversize. The marine patrol said that he's heard of 2 springers caught at the lake line in one day. Sunday there were maybe 30 boats above the 205 and I didn't see one net fly. Yesterday afternoon we fished just above the 205 and the water was just starting to turn green, 46.7 degrees and rising. It will be a couple of days before it comes back into shape.

R
Redfox458
Any recent update for the OC? Looking at getting out soon, launching at Meldrum.

Anybody try one of those spin n glo spinners? any luck on em?

F
Fish Fight
Redfox458 said:
Any recent update for the OC? Looking at getting out soon, launching at Meldrum.

Anybody try one of those spin n glo spinners? any luck on em?

3-24-10 one in the box 3-26-10 one high finner released, 3-27-10 one in the box and one came unhooked at the boat. Fished on anchor in the usual area using the same old prawn spinner rig with pink prawns. 3-27-10 the water had some debris from recent rains but had good color. Temp was 51.1, lots of boats out. This has been one of the better March's that I've had for springers. April is going to be hot.