Recommendations for Prineville Reservoir bank fishing

F
FisherPete
New member
Hi all, thanks in advance.

I'm going to spend a few days at Prineville Reservoir at the end of summer. I've never been there before, but I understand the fishing is good and it's mainly crappies. I'll be bank fishing, and am looking for suggestions on bait/tackle. I'll be bringing jigs and plastics for the most part. I'll have 3 different rod/reels with me, a 6.6" ultralight, 7' light rod, and a 9' medium heavy rod. What are good colors/shapes for plastics? What other lures/baits should I bring to try? Any other info about the area would be great too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: troutdude
I've never fished it for Crappie, nor in late summer either. But have heard good stuff, about that crappie fishery. I'm excited to see what the recommendations will be.
 
troutdude said:
I've never fished it for Crappie, nor in late summer either. But have heard good stuff, about that crappie fishery. I'm excited to see what the recommendations will be.

So was I 😂

I guess I'll take a bit of everything and see what happens!
 
  • Like
Reactions: troutdude and Chromatose

Similar threads

Senkosam
Replies
17
Views
2K
Senkosam
Senkosam
Senkosam
Replies
15
Views
2K
Senkosam
Senkosam
bass
Replies
2
Views
2K
bass
bass
Hunter Cords
Replies
11
Views
3K
Hunter Cords
Hunter Cords
Back
Top Bottom