McKenzie and Williamette rivers the first week in october

J
jtsieg
New member
I had planned to fish the Deschutes the first week of October, but the steelhead fshing has been shut down. Now I'm thinking about going to the McKenzie or Willamette rivers. How is the steel head or trout fishing on those rivers at the beginning of October? Any recomendations on species or which river to go to. Thanks
 
The McKenzie and Deschutes would both be good trout choices in October. With A chance of something else biting your "trout" fly on the Deschutes. I'd go to the McKenzie if fishing from a drift boat. If banking go to the Deschutes.
 
Snopro said:
The McKenzie and Deschutes would both be good trout choices in October. With A chance of something else biting your "trout" fly on the Deschutes. I'd go to the McKenzie if fishing from a drift boat. If banking go to the Deschutes.
Thanks for the response. For steelhead the first week of october would you do the McKenzie over the Willamette?
 

Similar threads

bass
Replies
5
Views
1K
troutdude
troutdude
SandFinish69
Replies
5
Views
7K
cchinook
C
bass
Replies
1
Views
882
troutdude
troutdude
bass
Replies
5
Views
1K
Billbob911
B
bass
Replies
5
Views
947
Chromatose
C
Back
Top Bottom