• 3-6 You are a novice and fish on occasion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 300 to 365 days a year

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O
OnTheFly
A fishing 'Day' simply means any day you fish whether it is for one hour or ten hours and, skunk days count! I believe that all of us enjoy the sport of fishing equally but our lifestyles may dictate the amount of days spent on the water. For instance, some of us are home owners and owning a home means time spent on upkeep. Also, not all of us like to winter fish (I always have the best of intentions):D therefore reducing more yearly fishing time. Try to be honest and somewhat accurate. (fishermen are great liers..aren't we?):naughty::dance:

F
FishSchooler
20-25 ish?

B
beaverfan
i would say when all is said and done this year i will have fished 65-70 days. not nearly as many as i would like.

T
Troutier Bassier
I can't Count Days,

3 Times a week for sure.

M
metalmania
I fish about 80 to 90 days a year, although mostly for a few hours after work. It's nice to live so close to the clack:D.

F
FishSchooler
There is no "school" option...

N
ninja2010
i have been fishing every weekend (sat/sun) since the beginning of the year. and will probably continue to do so until the end of the year...

and so far, they're all skunk days (minus smolts, whitefish and suckers).

i didn't vote, coz i do have a job and i don't live with my mom...

O
OnTheFly
ninja2010 said:
i have been fishing every weekend (sat/sun) since the beginning of the year. and will probably continue to do so until the end of the year...

and so far, they're all skunk days (minus smolts, whitefish and suckers).

i didn't vote, coz i do have a job and i don't live with my mom...

Sorry about the last option ninja..I got a little carried away. I'm seeing a lot of rises out there but no takes. I may need to change to another fly pattern on #6

N
ninja2010
no need for apologies... i think option #6 would work if it's for 300-365 days :lol::lol::lol:

O
OnTheFly
ninja2010 said:
no need for apologies... i think option #6 would work if it's for 300-365 days :lol::lol::lol:

You're absolutly right! Seriously,how can I change that?

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
In a normal year, I'd go with about 60 days a year (I take 2 weeks off alone in the fall to chase the Tahkenitch and Siltcoos Coho). The last few months have not been normal and have interrupted my fishing schedule with 50 hour work weeks, moving, and general family chaos...but I'll make up for it this fall and winter if I'm still in the state.

I would vote lol, but I have a job, I have a house, and while I love my mother dearly, I left the nest 8 years ago (she is still suffering from empty nest syndrome...it's redonkulous)

Fishing is my therapy, and without it...well, people around me would suffer, haha which is bad because I give shots and draw blood, etc, and I have access to very large needles.

So therapy is good.

Retirement is gonna be freakin' sweet...except that I think they're forecasting that people my age won't be able to retire until we're 70 (OR OLDER)...so maybe it won't be that sweet, because I'll be too decrepit to do much in the way of fishing for anything but hatchery trout :( sad

O
OnTheFly
JeannaJigs said:
In a normal year, I'd go with about 60 days a year

Yeah...dang it! I need to find out how to edit that. With only a few bites on this, I am truly humbled. I do all I can to get 30 days in. Even at 50 days that's basically one day a week for the year. I could do 50 or 60 if I winter fished more.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I'm a lucky retired guy so I have the time to spend fishing. I moore the big boat at Newport for the ocean fishing. I have the drift boat here in Culver during the summer for the lakes and all. I live in Sandy close to the Sandy River. So for me I have the time and opportunity:). Today I spent the day tossing flies to rainbow trout up at Walton lake. Oregon is a great place to be a sports fisherman. There is a fishery for all seasons. Life is good.

Last edited:
O
osmosis
I don't see the "way the heck too much" option in the poll

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Gotta admit I live with my mom hahah

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Irishrover said:
I'm a lucky retired guy so I have the time to spend fishing. I moore the big boat at Newport for the ocean fishing. I have the drift boat here in Culver during the summer for the lakes and all. I live in Sandy close to the Sandy River. So for me I have the time and opportunity:). Today I spent the day tossing flies to rainbow trout up at Walton lake. Oregon is a great place to be a sports fisherman. There is a fishery for all seasons. Life is good.

Nice!! My parents used to own some property just on the other side of the mountain from Walton. Whenever I go back to visit I always borrow a quad from one of the neighbors and drive the 15 or so miles up through the old logging roads to the ranger station. It's such an awesome area!!

Troutski
Troutski
Changed...

Changed...

OnTheFly said:
You're absolutly right! Seriously,how can I change that?

I added the 6th choice...

Chuck

N
ninja2010
thanks, troutski.

i like the 6th choice, but can we add, "I have no job, no house and live with my mom" to it? :lol::lol::lol:

and on "46-50+ " can we add, "i try soooooo very hard..."? then i can vote in the poll...

J
JeannaJigs
OnTheFly said:
JeannaJigs said:
In a normal year, I'd go with about 60 days a year

Yeah...dang it! I need to find out how to edit that. With only a few bites on this, I am truly humbled. I do all I can to get 30 days in. Even at 50 days that's basically one day a week for the year. I could do 50 or 60 if I winter fished more.

I fish harder and more often in the winter than I do during the summer. Which seems weird, but...It's more comfortable? lol. I hate the sun and the heat it produces. Plus, there are (generally) fewer people to deal with on the river in January-March than there are say..now. Though that's changing, big increase in winter fishing pressure the last two years. Damn people, it's raining and snowing, stay home and watch football or something productive like that instead :D

Is it November yet?

T
Troutier Bassier
Shouldve voted on the last one cause its true.

Straight C's Baby!