Hot plug on the Cowlitz River

F
FishFearMe2

A
alseaalumaweld
can i have it? all trade you for a new shiny one

troutdude
troutdude
Wow. That puppy has got some battle scars!

I used to have a "lucky" bass plug like that...called a Lucky 13. The new fangled plastic versions don't work worth a hoot. But, if you can find an original one made from wood--buy it!

BTW, I like how that thing still works; even after it's all beat up. It's probably more due to the action of the plug, and the silver flash, than the other paint on it.

Here is what the Heddon Lucky 13's looked like. The "red head" and "baby bass" are my favorites.

http://www.lurenet.com/brands/heddon-lures/heddon-lucky-13

Last edited:
F
FishFearMe2
troutdude said:
Wow. That puppy has got some battle scars!

I used to have a "lucky" bass plug like that...called a Lucky 13. The new fangled plastic versions don't work worth a hoot. But, if you can find an original one made from wood--buy it!

BTW, I like how that thing still works; even after it's all beat up. It's probably more due to the action of the plug, and the silver flash, than the other paint on it.

Here is what the Heddon Lucky 13's looked like. The "red head" and "baby bass" are my favorites.

http://www.lurenet.com/brands/heddon-lures/heddon-lucky-13

I am convinced after using this plug all season that it is not the color but the action of it. It is one that I might shed a tear for if I lost it! Ha! Thanks for watching!....iFish

F
FishFearMe2
alseaalumaweld said:
can i have it? all trade you for a new shiny one

Ha! I don't think I would trade this plug for a box full of new shiny ones! A friend gave this to me at the beginning of the season, he regrets it now! Thanks for watching and commenting....iFish

A
alseaalumaweld
good plugs come around about once ever 20 you buy. id be running 65 pound braid with that think so i never lose it

F
FishFearMe2
alseaalumaweld said:
good plugs come around about once ever 20 you buy. id be running 65 pound braid with that think so i never lose it
You are absolutely right about that. I am running 20 pound test. If this lure makes it through the season it should be put in a hall of fame somewhere! Ha! Thanks for watching!.....iFish

A
alseaalumaweld
i got few steelhead jigs in the hall of fame

N
nwkiller
nice, ya had a lure that did the same (not that style)...........caught any fish in a 10 mile radius...it was my go too lure for siltcoos...called it the coho killer....well....its gone.....broke it OFF.....thankfully i have a new "go to" for the silt