Heading to Oregon City to launch my 13' Alaskan Smokercraft

S
Specialed
How did the water look today? Does anyone out there have any advice for me? I am a little bit concerned due to the recent rains and this will be my first time on the river. Should I wait for the water to drop a bit or do you think it's safe to give it a shot? I have good life jackets but would rather not have to use them:lol: Thanks for any input, Ed

Go, you will have a great time. I'd come and help but I gotta work. Good luck tomarrow!

Specialed said:
How did the water look today? Does anyone out there have any advice for me? I am a little bit concerned due to the recent rains and this will be my first time on the river. Should I wait for the water to drop a bit or do you think it's safe to give it a shot? I have good life jackets but would rather not have to use them:lol: Thanks for any input, Ed

Hope you go early, Meldrum and Clackamette were packed!! I went down just to see if there was any action, and the boats on the water looked like a rush hour traffic jam in Los Angeles.

Tis the season for heavy boat traffic anywhere you go. You will be fine down there,the water is calm good luck

Thanks for the replys-we went out and launched, the salmon didn't seem to be biting so I tried Sturgeon fishing and caught my first oversize-56" within 15 minutes of swithcinig gear. It was awesome-thanks Kodiak for encouraging me to go out. My arms were sore for 3 days from bringing that bad boy in.

Back
Top Bottom