Headed to Crane on Sat...

Troutski
Troutski
Going to spend the day at Crane this Saturday.... busting in the new boat Central Oregon style. If you happen to be up there and see me stop by and you can have a sticker. Tight lines to all...

Chuck

Reactions: lilsalmon
L
lilsalmon
Sounds like a fun day, Chuck. I have to work but I hope you get into a lot of fishes. I still have one of my OFF stickers I got from you. I am keeping it for when I get my truck.....not looking very promising right now...hehe. Tight lines to you also!!!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
Troutski
Troutski
I am already having a problem getting to sleep, can't turn the inventory channel off in my head... today I had my first butterfly attack, so much excitement.. be still my heart.
You would think after all the years I have been angling that I would be over the "extreme Nervies", it reminds me of the week before Christmas when I was 7, I guess my boss is correct "I will never grow up":dance:.

Chuck

T
TTFishon
Good luck Troutski!!! Looking for ward to your report!!!

Troutski
Troutski
Hopefully it will be picture heavy !! Like last year.....

Chuck

Finor.jpg

O
OnTheFly
Troutski said:
Hopefully it will be picture heavy !! Like last year.....
I was scrolling down and about to say you won't be hard to find out there because you'll be the guy holding up the biggest fish, then I reached post #6. Beat me to the punch.

Good luck out there and get some sleep!

B
bigsteel
have a great trip chuck,catch some big boys

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
Troutski
Troutski
The moon is in perfect phase for this lake, I am cooperating so the fish should, RIGHT:lol: . The cool thing about angling is you just never know...

Chuck

No wonder I can't sleep.......
Camping '05 027.jpg

Last edited:
Troutski
Troutski
Crane for the catching....

Crane for the catching....

Well it was everything I had hoped for, cold morning warm afternoon and NO MOON; the catching was better than we wished for. First cast-three min and a decent Brookie, amazing how the Brookies have come back. There was a time when you caught one is was a treasure; this trip we caught more of them than Rainbows. OK with me the Brookies seem to fight much longer than the Bow's, the water temp was 59 degrees and a little bit of algae starting to show up. Couldn't believe the number of Tooners on the water, far more than the boats that's for sure. Caught most of them the standard bobber and bug, but the largest fish was on a night crawler:dance: .
We did some long line trolling and picked up a pair of decent Rainbows using of course "a Gold Spoon", seems this lure is a magnet no matter where it is fished.
I did harvest one Brookie for dinner and it was just spectacular, the flavor is far better than the Rainbows IMHO, released the rest of the fish unharmed. Great trip and even picked up a sunburn, you would think after all the years I have spent on the water I would know better .
Here a a few pictures to enjoy, more when I process them: we fished mainly by the dead trees:rolleyes: .

Chuck

003.jpg006.jpg

S
sunsalem
I won't ask which "gold spoon" you are referring to, but are these pics taken yesterday?

I very nearly drove over the hill to take a shot at CP (the wind stopped me).

O
OnTheFly
As usual, Rill Noyce!

L
lilsalmon
nice fishes, boys!!!!

Troutski
Troutski
sunsalem said:
I won't ask which "gold spoon" you are referring to, but are these pics taken yesterday?

I very nearly drove over the hill to take a shot at CP (the wind stopped me).

They were taken on Sat, the wind was brutal at times but that's Crane in the Spring. Anytime you have the opportunity to fish Central Oregon I say go for it.... what a place to catch fish, very diverse on the Species. Would be nice to have some of those lakes in my zone to be sure, I just love catching Trout; all kinds. Don't get me wrong I still hunt for Steelies and the Salmon but Trout are my first love.

Chuck

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Hot DAMN! I need to fish there. I remember looking at the dead tree farm years and years ago, just drooling..

S
sunsalem
Troutski said:

They were taken on Sat, the wind was brutal at times but that's Crane in the Spring. Anytime you have the opportunity to fish Central Oregon I say go for it.... what a place to catch fish, very diverse on the Species. Would be nice to have some of those lakes in my zone to be sure, I just love catching Trout; all kinds. Don't get me wrong I still hunt for Steelies and the Salmon but Trout are my first love.

Chuck
I live in Sunriver, so I am ideally located for trout.

Wind can be a problem on Crane and Wikiup.
The best way to get around it is to try to be on water in the A.M.
It seems as the temp goes up in the afternoon, the chances for getting blown out increases.
Not too unusual to see no boats on the water by late afternoon.;)

J
JohnOD
Nice report Chuck. Once the spawners recoperate the fishing should get cranking. By the heat of summer I'll be praying for a breeze (and some cloud cover) on Crane:pray:

T
TTFishon
I knew you'd come through with some fish. Thanks for sharing.

C
cowboysfan
I have spent many ours in cultus channel just plain baking but the thought of that 30" cranebow compels me to suffer through it, and when you a rewarded it makes it all worth it! And no i have not hooked up with that 30"er yet,largest to date 28".