Has anybody on here....

hobster
....hooked or heard of anyone hooking a Willamette/McKenzie summer steelhead? Just curious, i'm sure someone has but I have not heard a word yet. The numbers are so dismal I have not even tried, the few times I've gotten out I have fly fished the Mac for trout.
So far a little over 800 steelhead have crossed Willy Falls, last year at this time there were over 8,500 and I glanced at a few other years and there were over 12,000 or more. Leaburg stopped posting numbers, they are still at 12 fish. After the horrible winter run we had around here I think I am going into steelhead depression :sad: I am not one to chase reports, I believe in going out and finding out for myself what is going on, so i'm sure I will head out soon. Just haven't seen any fish posted and was wondering............good to see some springers coming over, maybe I should start targeting salmon instead.

C_Run
I talked to a guy two days ago and his buddy limited fast on springers on the main Saniam the other day but the steelhead numbers look terrible so far.

C
CrazyCaptainWillie
Several days out in the town run in Eug, seen nothing rolling, caught 1 trout (on a spin n glo with a clipped fin... fishful thinking perhaps)
numbers are sad... hoping some nooks will be around soon though.

C
catphish
My brother said his coworker landed a steelie on the McKenzie 1.5 weeks ago. Parked at Leaburg hatchery and walked down river a bit I was told.

hobster
catphish;n605295 said:
My brother said his coworker landed a steelie on the McKenzie 1.5 weeks ago. Parked at Leaburg hatchery and walked down river a bit I was told.

Good for him, glad someone got one! Still haven't given them a shot yet

hobster
EOBOY;n605301 said:
Eric that article is sad.

No doubt brother, hopefully the numbers will be up next winter (fingers crossed!). Anytime you want to bust out the pontoons on the Mac The levels have dropped to a nice flow :thumb:

EOBOY
hobster;n605317 said:
No doubt brother, hopefully the numbers will be up next winter (fingers crossed!). Anytime you want to bust out the pontoons on the Mac The levels have dropped to a nice flow :thumb:

I know! I've been waiting for the school year to end, so I'm not in the way of the kids busy life. I'm still nursing a sore shoulder injury from the "Take-out incident" :blushing: How's your shin BTW? I might just pull my trailer down soon. Just After the 4th Lyndsey and Grace are headed to Forest Grove for a Dance Camp (Lyndsey is an instructor) So I'll be staying with John to paint, oh has he called you about that?

hobster
EOBOY;n605345 said:
I'm still nursing a sore shoulder injury from the "Take-out incident" :blushing: How's your shin BTW?

Damn, hope it heals up quick, that was a pretty crazy current! Forgot about the shin, made me laugh when I read that. Just glad I could save you from busting your head! John hasn't called yet, i'm sure I can make some time if you guys need help, I've got all the equipment...etc.