Good trout fishing near Merlin

B
Boombollie
Howdy, y'all. Recently moved down to Merlin from a much wetter part of the state. Was wondering about some good fishing holes within about an hour or so of town. Selmac looks fun, but what else is there? A buddy from work said there's some neat ponds near Onion Mt, anyone know anything about that? Much appreciated!

Ollie

F
fishindude
Head to the Rogue, springers are on the bite. Indian Mary park would be my first stop.Ennis Riffle would be worth a look too.

Last edited:
B
Boombollie
Would spinners and spoons work or just some big ol corkies?

T
Throbbit _Shane
Selmac is mainly a warm water fishery, except in the colder months they stock it with trout. There are some huge bass in there but if you catch one make sure to release it! The Rogue would probably be your best bet for trout. Also might want to try Galesville Reservoir, Its south of Canyonville and only about 8 miles off the freeway.

B
Boombollie
Thanks guys. What's working on the Rogue for springers right now? I went to Indian Mary and Ennis Riffle but no luck. What about Robertson Bridge? From what I can gather, people are heading up near shady cove, which is a bit farther than I'd like to drive regularly. Any insight?

E
eat, sleep, fish
Boombollie said:
Thanks guys. What's working on the Rogue for springers right now? I went to Indian Mary and Ennis Riffle but no luck. What about Robertson Bridge? From what I can gather, people are heading up near shady cove, which is a bit farther than I'd like to drive regularly. Any insight?

Hayes Falls or Rainie Falls are the 2 closest spots for decent springer fishing. In another month the fish will start holding up in the Gold Hill and Rogue River area, but it's not tell the end of August that salmon really start to hold up in the Grants Pass and Merlin area (Rainie Falls being the exception).