Good spots to fish?

K
kingfish
Are there any spots along the rivers around corvallis that have enough space to fly fish from the bank or in the water itself?

troutdude
troutdude
Ya better check the regulations, before fishing the streams in region. Some may be open, but others are not.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
A bit of book work before you hit the rivers is a good idea!:thumb:

troutdude
troutdude
The Long Tom River, above Fern Ridge, is now open and would be a good place to go. The Willy is open too; and closer. The Mary's River is also open; and the mid-to-upper stretches good.

K
kingfish
Troutdude are those places just for trout or other species too

troutdude
troutdude
I assumed that fly fishing = trout (at least, at this time of the year). The Long Tom has rainbow, and cutthroat, trout above Fern Ridge. Below the dam, it's a cuttie and warm water fishery (smallies, bucketmouths, crappie, 'gills, cats, and carp). The Willy also has all of the above, in various locations. The Mary's is almost exclusively a trout show.

B
BeaverQB
troutdude said:
I assumed that fly fishing = trout (at least, at this time of the year). The Long Tom has rainbow, and cutthroat, trout above Fern Ridge. Below the dam, it's a cuttie and warm water fishery (smallies, bucketmouths, crappie, 'gills, cats, and carp). The Willy also has all of the above, in various locations. The Mary's is almost exclusively a trout show.

TD, do you guide? I see you all over the OFF boards! :)

Any tips on access to the Long Tom above the reservoir? (I just posted the same Q in the Willamette Zone thread)

troutdude
troutdude
Ha ha. Nope; not a guide. It's just my favorite past time.

I fished the Long Tom quite a bit, back in the mid 70's to early 80's. But, I only fished it below the dam. ..between Monroe and Corvegas. I've never fished it, above the reservoir. So I'm afraid that I'm not help there. Sorry.

K
kingfish
Where r the good fly fishing spots in Monroe? Is there a boat landing with room or what's the main set up?