Girlfriend first fish

S
Socaaron
So I've been fishing a lot of the Mt Hood lakes recently but after some asking from my girlfriend I took her up for a day of fishing. She's never fished before and I wanted her to get into some fish. Harriet's generally a safe bet.... Well Harriets been pretty cold to me these last few weeks but I was hoping beginners luck would prevail and it did! After about 30 min of no bites for either of us she starts yelping and hollering. I come rushing over to help her with her first fish. So she's cranking it in and asking questions like "is it supposed to be this hard?" we're running light of course so I assure her that it's normal. I'm expecting just some regular stocker while secretly hoping she's got a trophy in the hook. Well low and behold she pulls in a 15in fat brown! I've yet to catch one of those at Harriet. So I explain to her that she's done a awesome job but we gotta let it go. She wanted a picture first of course and I stupidly left the camera in the car. I instruct her to leave the fish in the water until I come back with the camera as to minimize the poor guys stress. So I go running up to the car only to get there and have her dejectedly say "nevermind he got away" So we didn't get a picture but I was really proud of her anyway.
Turns out the browns were pretty active that day, talked to another guy up by the car and told him about my girlfriends fish and he asked what a brown looked like.. so he showed me his fish, 2 10in browns and a stocker rainbow. I pointed out his browns and told him that most people(OFFer's at least) release the browns as they are wild and naturally reproducing. He said he would next time he just didn't know any better :D He caught his on kastmasters while my Gf caught hers on a holographic panther martin.

C
ChezJfrey
Exciting!

I've always loved the look of browns...haven't caught one though.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Very nice. I am still waiting to hook into a Brown.

B
BobbiDollPDX
You are in trouble now. Girlfriends are notorious for out-fishing their significant others.

C
cddunn
BobbiDollPDX said:
You are in trouble now. Girlfriends are notorious for out-fishing their significant others.

Hopefully she was wearing her "Lucky" fishin' bikini top. ;)

S
Socaaron
So visited Harriet again today solo this time cause the GF is out of town, and caught my own brown. Not nearly as big as hers but still a first. I swear thats just about all that's left in Harriet because they wont hit powerbait like the stockers. It receives so much daily pressure I wonder how many of the 5000 they put in during May are left

Chromatose
Chromatose
Socaaron said:
It receives so much daily pressure I wonder how many of the 5000 they put in during May are left

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
H
Hawk
BobbiDollPDX said:

BAD KITTY.........:lol::lol::lol::lol: