Fly fishing get together (details)

B
bigsteel
it will be higher then normal for this time of year,but there will be fish there,theres also the upper santiam as well as breitenbush river to fish.

D
Drew9870
Sorry to disappoint everyone, but I may just show up :lol:.

I talked mrlindman into it, we will show up Saturday, hopefully we aren't too late.

brandon4455
brandon4455
bigsteel said:
it will be higher then normal for this time of year,but there will be fish there,theres also the upper santiam as well as breitenbush river to fish.

can i get a rough estimate of what time you and rose will be at my house? mom wants to know what time to get up. she will be meeting you guys this time. and if i were to bring snacks to share what would be best? mom said she will buy snacks

Last edited:
M
mrlindeman
Drew9870 said:
Sorry to disappoint everyone, but I may just show up :lol:.

I talked mrlindman into it, we will show up Saturday, hopefully we aren't too late.

We will be fishing the little north fork and possibly another good spot up river a ways. Caddis pupa are in and some hot butt skunks or purple intruders might take some steel.

Reactions: Drew9870
GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Hey bigsteel, since you're closest to those stomping grounds - any idea where a guy might find some brookies around there?

Reactions: eggs
L
lilsalmon
brandon4455 said:
can i get a rough estimate of what time you and rose will be at my house?

Will PM you

Reactions: Drew9870
brandon4455
brandon4455
GungasUncle said:
Hey bigsteel, since you're closest to those stomping grounds - any idea where a guy might find some brookies around there?

im pretty sure there are some in breitenbush, and other places way above detroit.

B
bigsteel
GungasUncle said:

the best place for brookie action would be the upper santiam around marion forks

B
bigsteel
GungasUncle said:

the best place for brookie action would be the upper santiam around marion forks

E
eggs
I will be down there early Friday to get some swinging in before moving to trout mode..

brandon4455
brandon4455
it's suppose to be 84 degreees on saturday wtf LOL. btw, im bringing a case of water and some snacks. sweets to be exact. you know, the little debbie stuff in the boxes. so if you get the munchies i have them :lol: im bringing this stuff to share not just for myself.

Last edited:
D
Drew9870
brandon4455 said:
sweets to be exact. you know, the little debbie stuff in the boxes. so if you get the munchies i have them :lol: im bringing this stuff to share not just for myself.

Sounds like health food to me......

brandon4455
brandon4455
i have a box of doughnuts, a bag of doritos, a case of water cosmic brownies and i can't remember what else LOL forgot to mention, 3 bottles of gatorade, a sobe and blah blah blah

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
eggs said:
I will be down there early Friday to get some swinging in before moving to trout mode..

copy that. i got a leech i want to try out. ill be trying my 8wt for a wee bit.

G
GDBrown
eggs said:

Are you bringing more to eat this time? I've never seen anyone who needed 9 beers to wash down each sandwich!
I may be down but not sure, since my daughter is making a surprise visit from AZ this weekend. (The wife don't Know)

E
eggs
GDBrown said:
Are you bringing more to eat this time? I've never seen anyone who needed 9 beers to wash down each sandwich!
I may be down but not sure, since my daughter is making a surprise visit from AZ this weekend. (The wife don't Know)
Yea I plan on bringing more food and more beer(to wash it down).. but can always get a burger 1/2 hour from camp...

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
So has everyone finalized their plans for where they're staying? Our #1 choice is Shady Cove. Hoping to get there roughly by 3PM Friday.

B
bigsteel
i will be leaving early friday with eggs to secure a spot

brandon4455
brandon4455
bigsteel said:
i will be leaving early friday with eggs to secure a spot

see you over there in the afternoon. dont catch too many fish before we get there :lol:

M
mrlindeman
Where is the get together going to be? We will be staying at either at shady cove or north santiam recreation. Is there a consensus on a location for the majority of the OFFers going on this one? :) We need to get gear together and kinda want to know where to stay :)