Fly fishing get together (details)

brandon4455
brandon4455
well.. idk whats going on but never got a message back about it. so i guess i'm keeping the 8wt. now all i have to do is catch a steelhead with it... :lol:

J
JeannaJigs
Hmm. This is tempting...

Reactions: eggs
L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:
Hmm. This is tempting...

After a few more times out fly fishing....you will be there....:D

O
OnTheFly
Don't worry Jeanna...flyfishing is just another way of doing the same thing. I wouldn't be conserned that flyfishing may make you decide to quit and forget your other favorite styles of fishing. Besides, who in their right minds would give up all they know about slinging bait and hardware and take up a fishing method that is highly challanging yet so satisfying that it becomes a deep passion and desire.:rolleyes:

brandon4455
brandon4455
J
JeannaJigs
Lol well it's gonna depend on work. I have an interview at the hospital Wednesday morning at 6:00. If I get the job, I won't have the flexibility I have now. Except that it's an early mornin shift so that leaves afternoons open :) will see what happens this week.

Oh and I'll be takin my boat, cause, uhm, PUPPY :)

L
lilsalmon
Catchy line you have inserted, Jeanna...:D

brandon4455
brandon4455
come on jigsy!! whip some flies around with us! :D

J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:
Catchy line you have inserted, Jeanna...:D

Yeah lol.

brandon4455 said:
come on jigsy!! whip some flies around with us! :D

Will know my job situation in the next 10-14 days...the waiting game is killin me! If I get this job I likely won't be able to get time off because I'm taking time off the end of June to be in my best friends wedding.

Will see though

N
ninja2010
OnTheFly said:
...flyfishing is just another way of doing the same thing. I wouldn't be conserned that flyfishing may make you decide to quit and forget your other favorite styles of fishing. Besides, who in their right minds would give up all they know about slinging bait and hardware and take up a fishing method that is highly challanging yet so satisfying that it becomes a deep passion and desire.:rolleyes:

i beg to differ...

Reactions: bigsteel, lilsalmon and OnTheFly
brandon4455
brandon4455
ninja2010 said:
i beg to differ...

hey jimmy, why don't you come along mr "i don't fish for trout" :lol: would anyone care if my dad came with? i'm teaching him how to fly fish and i'm sure he would be glad to meet all of you.. and learn ffrom the pros instead of me . he saw a fly fishing show on tv where a trout took a dry fly and he said he wanted to try it out.

Last edited:
GungasUncle
GungasUncle
I'm thinking the morethe merrier. Bring your dad, bring your brother, bring your sister and your mother (as long as they won't be a wet blanket, right?) Bring your uncle, bring your cousin, bring some dough nuts by the dozen... :)

troutdude
troutdude
Doughnuts??? I just might have to show up now!

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
So where is everyone staying? I've confirmed and set in stone the 3rd, 4th, and 5th off. Bringing Tyler at the very least, planning on staying at Shady Cove. I might throw the canoe on the jeep, to try Elkhorn Lake at least once while up that way. It's the perfect little water for a canoe, float tube, or other small boat. Just got to find the lake again :)

Going to throw together a portable tying kit, I think, either as a way to pass the time, or tie up some needed flies once we get up that way (shouldn't, since I've already got about a thousand flies in all shapes and sizes).

Anyone else heading up there early? Ty and I should be heading out from Hillsboro by noon at the latest. Should be there, and get camp set up in time for the late afternoon rise :) I hope the weather is good! Sunny weather would be a nice treat...

L
lilsalmon
I am heading up there on friday...hopefully. Not sure where we are staying yet, though. Not sure where Shady Cove is but I am sure I have been there and at least fished it. I tend to like the small places or the free places so there aren't a lot of people around....

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
I am heading up there on friday...hopefully. Not sure where we are staying yet, though. Not sure where Shady Cove is but I am sure I have been there and at least fished it. I tend to like the small places or the free places so there aren't a lot of people around....

have fun rose :D

L
lilsalmon
brandon4455 said:
have fun rose :D

Hey you were supposed to be at this one....I guess your poopin out on us? ;)

O
OnTheFly
This still happening 1st week of June right?

L
lilsalmon
yep

L
lilsalmon
we need to set this up as a poll so we know how many will be there, i guess