Fly fishing get together (details)

D
Drew9870
lilsalmon said:
Who's Brandon? Was he there?

I take it that was just some dude with a fly rod you found on the side of the road? :lol: We need a campfire thread, along with a parental advisory section, :lol:.

I wanted to show you the bright bugger patterns I use for stockers GD, have caught a few natives from small creeks on the white ones. I call them buggers instead of Wooly Buggers because they have no hackle aka no wooly :), it is my general all around pattern so far as long as color, size, and weight are adjusted to the conditions, although sometimes the hackle counts in places as clear as North Fork.

L
lilsalmon
GDBrown said:
There were gobs of people all around the lake and plenty of hot boats with hot looking girls taking in the sun.

Gene......:shock: :)

L
lilsalmon
Drew9870 said:
I take it that was just some dude with a fly rod you found on the side of the road? :lol: We need a campfire thread, along with a parental advisory section, :lol:.

he had such a sad face....I couldn't resist

G
GDBrown
lilsalmon said:
Gene......:shock: :)

Give me a break, it's the first time in my life I have been able to see that far! :lol:

Reactions: lilsalmon
M
mrlindeman
LOL LOL Im allready laughin my arse off just reading this post guys :) ::Sings::: Memories, Like the corner of my mind

Karen sais hi! She had a blast. She has never fished water like that and to be there was a true gift. Thank you big steel for getting this get together, well together :) and thanks to all that came along.

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
GDBrown said:
Give me a break, it's the first time in my life I have been able to see that far! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

G
GDBrown
lilsalmon said:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So will that get me a rep?

Reactions: OnTheFly
L
lilsalmon
GDBrown said:
So will that get me a rep?

yep.....I already did it.....or if I didn't its cuz I have to spread my rep.......and it will be on there soon....hehe

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like you guys had a blast! Suprised drew made it out of there alive.b I guess i missed me a good campfire.

brandon4455
brandon4455
yeah that campfire both nights was awesome. and drew was just fine, it's me that should have died last night LOL anyone uploadign pics? ill have mine by tomorrow. have to charge my dead phone D: heres eggo waffle and bigsteel when we went to 3 pools,a big deep clear and cold section of the river me and OnTheFly fished and one of OnTheFly fishing i took misc pics when i got bored :lol:

• erin and dave.jpg
  • jim  tossing flies.jpg
  • clear cold water.jpg
Last edited:
GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Hell of a good time we had. My only regrets: Not bringing a chainsaw & snow chains (so we could make it to Elkhorn Lake) and not actually fishing with the rest of the group - though not for lack of trying (sort of?). I did chauffeur Tyler up and down the creek a couple times though, and he's getting better w/ his casting - though he did get pretty frustrated with his casting at times.

I also grudgingly admit that indi nymphing seemed to be the only way to get fish this weekend. Despite a few ok hatches, I only saw a couple fish rise all weekend, and couldn't dredge anything up with dry flies. A #10 prince nymph under an indicator got all 3 of my fish. I guess it's the price I pay, since I mentioned to both Jim and Gene my personal dispreference (I'm coining that word) for that type of fishing. I may grow to like (but not love) it if this spring doesn't kick into honest to god summer soon.

Think the wife & I are getting some camp cots before our next camping adventure. ********* sleeping on the ground again! Also - must remember to bring the polypros, even if it is June next time. I think my boys just finally dropped from all that cold water. And more firewood... lots more firewood.

We really do need to do this again sooner rather than later - it was great meeting everyone. Rose even got my wife seriously wanting to learn to fly fish now. I've been working on that for years, and *now* she wants to learn to fly fish. Thanks Rose!

Hey Jim, did you find your wallet?

Reactions: Drew9870
B
bigsteel
oh what a great trip,i finally have awaken from my comatose,,the fishing was slow but the jokes and friends made for a hell of a time.....finally got to meet the carp master Drew,hell of a nice guy......im glad jim found his wallet and was nice to meet gungasuncle and youngfishtyler,,,tyler is a machine not only does he chop 8 inch thick wood,he can scale some seriously scary walls up and down that river.chuck norris has nothing on you buddy.....can't wait for the next get together

L
lilsalmon
Here are some pics that I took.....

My favorite place, but the water was way too high
5806566141_9ebf4dc0e2_m.jpg
Three Pools
5806593725_5779d5f504_m.jpg
5806594787_b6d4f3aea8_m.jpg
Eggs and OTF's son, Cody
5807160248_c61e2e7acf_m.jpg
The attempted trip to Elkhorn Lake
5807155974_5865c7dabe_m.jpg
fishing....
5807149270_a9ef8506ef_m.jpg
Bigsteel, Drew and GDBrown with back to camera
5806582627_b4b0670be4_m.jpg

To be continued........

L
lilsalmon
The Campfire!!!!!
5807142890_47b138b43a_m.jpg
5806577297_663f7d1c81_m.jpg
5807145682_6e36dab5c0_m.jpg
5806580065_4786a1b8de_m.jpg
5807140496_b6170f3fe4_m.jpg
5807139176_5f3d6c5e2c_m.jpg

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
awesome pics rose, that underwater one looks great. OMG i see my hands in a picture!! LOL atleast i think they are mine.. i could have swore i sat next to gene :think:

Last edited:
GungasUncle
GungasUncle
That first night's campfire smoke was horrible! I could hardly open my eyes, and I was blowing black boogers Saturday morning ;) Was fun though! I've got to sort through all the pix Kay & I took and put the really good ones up.

Reactions: lilsalmon
L
lilsalmon
GungasUncle said:
We really do need to do this again sooner rather than later - it was great meeting everyone. Rose even got my wife seriously wanting to learn to fly fish now. I've been working on that for years, and *now* she wants to learn to fly fish. Thanks Rose!

We definitely need to do it again...in about a month when the water drops......And your welcome....I don't know what I did to get her to want to fly fish but it would be great to fish with her....I had a great time with ya'll. I only injured myself once and its all better now....stupid ankle......

L
lilsalmon
brandon4455 said:
awesome pics rose, that underwater one looks great. OMG i see my hands in a picture!! LOL atleast i think they are mine.. i could have swore i sat next to gene :think:

I swore I took a pic to my left...hehe....Brandon!!!! You got a star....

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
I swore I took a pic to my left...hehe....Brandon!!!! You got a star....

i remember getting blinded by the flash and mumbling/laughing get that damn thing out of my eyes!!! :lol: and i don't have a star rose. i am a star :cool: lol

M
mrlindeman
Some pics from the trip. A video will be made as well

Some pics from the trip. A video will be made as well

Heres a few pics from some of the spots we fished
View from our camp
DSCN0886.png
DSCN0885.png

Heres our fire pit
DSCN0884.png

a part of the river we fished
DSCN0878.png