Fly fishing get together (details)

B

bigsteel

june 3rd and 4th
upper north santiam and tributaries.

this will give people that want to float in a boat a chance to do so as well as bank fishing is nearly unlimited.we could camp at riverside cg or along the little north santiam at shady cove cg.:):):):):)

brandon4455

brandon4455

count me in. should there be a midway meeting point? i might have extra room for 2-3 people ( if i do have my permit by then . most likely will)

Last edited:
E

eggs

i will try.. i might be in DC for a week and leaving to head over there that weekend..

troutdude

troutdude

Hmmm...me thinks that youse guyz are gonna get me into a mode, where I just might have to get some line for my rod n' reel! It's been MANY years, since I last/first attempted fly fishing.

P.S. Isn't that weekend, the "free fishing" weekend sponsored by ODFW? If so, I'll be "tied up" with a kiddie trip.

J

jdog

Im in. I dont really know any of you guys but im excited to finally meet some of you, and if there is room on a boat i would be super stoked.

B

bigsteel

All right sounds like we have some interest and it will give us a chance to try out our flies we get from the swap

E

Eastcoastborn

I am in. Got a killer pattern for the swap.....

B

BigShayne

I am in. Got a killer pattern for the swap.....

Is this a swap too? and eventhough I can not actually plan that far out, I would love to go. So one more tentative yes. Also... Any veterans want to give some advice for what to expect witha hatch, I have a good idea but I haven't fished this part of oregon that time of year.

B

bigsteel

How will this section be for a novice / newbie drifter??? If "easy" then +me with a boat, if not then +me with toon!!

Rob,as far as the upper north santiam its a wading game,but there are plenty of drifts below big cliff dam....the only section i have ever floated was Mehama to Stayton and it was a nice mild float.let me see what i can find as far as floating.

B

bigsteel

Is this a swap too? and eventhough I can not actually plan that far out, I would love to go. So one more tentative yes. Also... Any veterans want to give some advice for what to expect witha hatch, I have a good idea but I haven't fished this part of oregon that time of year.

no this isn't a swap just a get together to hit the river before all the kids get out of school.as far as hatches bring plenty of caddis and stoneflies.

L

Lamzy

The only part of the santiam I have fished is at Fishermans Bend camp ground.
I will be there the first weekend in May camping with the WetWesies.
I will try to get there in June with my Yellow Vanagon camper and plenty of flys.
Since I don't know any of you and I have never fly fished with anyone else this should be a real learning eperence for me.
KiltedBob

Last edited:
M

markasd

Should be a good trip with good action! Hope to be in the NW those dates, this would be fun.

F

FishFiddle

Another one in my back yard that I'm going to miss as I have to be out of town that weekend. Sounds like fun.