Fly fishing get together (details)

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
brandon4455 said:
so i won't be the only one under the age of 18 there? sweeeeeet

Well, close - Gunga/Tyler is 18 - he just doesn't have drivers license or car yet.

L
lilsalmon
Hey, I am only 18!!!!! JK I am really 29.....:lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: Markcanby and OnTheFly
G
GDBrown
Really

Really

lilsalmon said:
Hey, I am only 18!!!!! JK I am really 29.....:lol::lol::lol:

We all know it's the mentality that counts! I'll never be more than 19.:lol:

Reactions: eggs
brandon4455
brandon4455
LOL you guys crack me up.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Magic number there lilsalmon - that is 2 of us.

brandon4455
brandon4455
well, great news.. im selling the 8wt and getting a smaller sized rod for trout. ill have it by the end of april if everything goes as planned. so, i'm in on this for sure. sucks we have to wait so long :lol:

O
OnTheFly
brandon4455 said:
well, great news.. im selling the 8wt and getting a smaller sized rod for trout. ill have it by the end of april if everything goes as planned. so, i'm in on this for sure. sucks we have to wait so long :lol:
Why sell the eight weight? You'll just buy one again.:confused:

M
markasd
Brandon -
dude - keep that rod! You have any cash? We might be able to work something out?! I can at least loan you one of mine for the trip?

call me when ya can..

troutdude
troutdude
markasd said:
Brandon -
dude - keep that rod! You have any cash? We might be able to work something out?! I can at least loan you one of mine for the trip?

call me when ya can..

Nice OFFer Mark. I may have a glass fly rod or two around that I'd be willing to loan out too Brandon. Heck, I'd even trust you w/ my favorite 6wt. Fenwick. So, keep your 8wt. bro!

M
markasd
He's a good kid - NO reason to sell that 8wt when he can keep saving his coin and borrow mine til he gets his own..

Reactions: Irishrover
S
skunk
I agree, keep the 8wt. You'll miss it someday. It comes in handy fishing for steelhead on smaller rivers.

brandon4455
brandon4455
what am i suppose to do just tell beaverfan that i changed my mind? :/ thanks for the offer mark, i guess we can try to work somthing out.. i just don't wan to make anyone mad or break someones rod....

troutdude
troutdude
Sorry buddy. Guess we didn't know, that you had already promised your 8 wt. to Beaverfan.

brandon4455
brandon4455
if i would have saw your guy's posts before hand yes, i would have decided not to but im not going to just tell him no im not selling it. it's all good bro.

brandon4455
brandon4455
and if i end up selling it then i guess i could by a 6wt for steelhead. and use it for trout too. mark, that one you let me use at the salmon river was a 6wt correct?

Reactions: eggs
S
skunk
Not a bad idea, and good job not going back on a sell. You'll probably go through a lot of rods in your lifetime like the rest of us probably have.

L
lilsalmon
brandon4455 said:
and if i end up selling it then i guess i could by a 6wt for steelhead. and use it for trout too. mark, that one you let me use at the salmon river was a 6wt correct?
a 6wt and steel is mighty fine

L
lilsalmon
GungasUncle said:
Magic number there lilsalmon - that is 2 of us.
hehe....as soon as I get my dang ankle back to normal I can feel like 29 again....:D

Reactions: OnTheFly
M
markasd
The 4 piece 5/6 Redington. I have another 5 wt Orvis Clearwater I think you might like casting. Let me know if you'll need it, sure hope I will be here in Oregon when this event goes down - don't want to miss it!

brandon4455
brandon4455
markasd said:
The 4 piece 5/6 Redington. I have another 5 wt Orvis Clearwater I think you might like casting. Let me know if you'll need it, sure hope I will be here in Oregon when this event goes down - don't want to miss it!

ill let you know for sure if there is a change or i dont sell the 8wt. and ill probably end up getting a 5/6 model for summers and trout. . hopefully you can make it out for this and we can catch some fish broske.

brandon