Fishing/boating mittens/gloves

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Rachelle just finished these fingerless glove/mittens for me, the mitten end (which has room for a little hand warmer packet) folds back and is held out of the way with some Velcro and the thumb end is not fully closed so you just pull it back to expose the end of the thumb...here is the link where she got the pattern...

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crocheted-mittens---fingerless-gloves

my favorite thing (besides having warmer hands): the grey yarn that I selected made then end up looking sort of like chainmail...cheers, roger

L
lilsalmon
Very nice!!!

troutdude
troutdude
Well if you can't knock 'em out with the gloves; try one of these:

Mace.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

M
Modest_Man
Are they wool? I love my fingerless wool gloves. Not a fan of the mitten part, it just gets in the way.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Modest_Man said:
Are they wool? I love my fingerless wool gloves. Not a fan of the mitten part, it just gets in the way.

this first pair are not wool, just normal acrylic yarn that was available here in Florence, wool pair coming later this year...I am hoping the Velcro keeps the mitten part out of the way when fingers are needed...that mitten part is going to be nice when I am just cruising along and steering the kayak or PB with my hands... Rachelle made these in like 2 evenings while watching TV, so I will probably end up with several versions...:D

J
JeannaJigs
I have knitted from that exact same pattern and have several pairs for myself in wool.

Yes. I knit.

18406ej
18406ej
JeannaJigs said:
Yes. I knit.

Wow, I didn't know you were so old! Are you a doily/potholder girl or have you advanced to toilet paper and toilet covers?

Roger, your wife does beautiful (and fast) work. It was with my stupidity that I thought heading up to Detroit one beautiful, clear and 20-degree day made the most perfect sense. Every other cast my reel would jam for some reason, which some time later I found that my eyelets were freezing solidly closed. I had only my fingerless neoprenes, and after less than an hour (wishing I had knitted mittens all the while) I dropped an 'F' bomb and packed out.

To Summarize:

Jeanna- Old, (Crazy?)

Roger- love the mitts.

Eamon

Last edited:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
18406ej said:
Wow, I didn't know you were so old! Are you a doily/potholder girl or have you advanced to toilet paper and toilet covers?

Roger, your wife does beautiful (and fast) work. It was with my stupidity that I thought heading up to Detroit one beautiful, clear and 20-degree day made the most perfect sense. Every other cast my reel would jam for some reason, which some time later I found that my eyelets were freezing solidly closed. I had only my fingerless neoprenes, and after less than an hour (wishing I had knitted mittens all the while) I dropped an 'F' bomb and packed out.

To Summarize:

Jeanna- Old, (Crazy?)

Roger- love the mitts.

Eamon

you do live dangerously, especially before the quick edit...:D

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Roger, I need knitting lessons! Those look awesome and they would keep me out of trouble for a month knitting them. :thumb: :D

E
eugene1
Those look really great and warm!

Best,

J
JeannaJigs
18406ej said:

To Summarize:

Jeanna- Old, (Crazy?)

Roger- love the mitts.

Eamon

How the hell did you get those pictures of my knitting off my secure hard drive?!

Old? 29 for life. Crazy? That's all subjective.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Toilet doily. Perfect.

As per normal of a doily, useful.

I could go for a couple sets of fingerless gloves with out the restrict-er flop.

H
Hawk
Very COOL..:peace:/errr...Warm...:D:D:D:thumb: