Fishing 8-11-12

R
RMateson
Hello all,

My friends and I are celebrating my bachelor party at a place outside of Sunriver. We are going for three days but decided to have some sort of fishing derby on 8-11-12 since we all love to fish. We are hauling up a couple boats. I have never fished around this area and am looking for a good lake. We haven't decided if we want to do trout or bass. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much,

Ryan

N
Native
My family and I were just over there all last week. We fished Crane prairie for a couple of days. My son got in to some nice cranebows that were about 24 inches. I got in to some brookies in the 20 to 24 inch range and also some big cranebow that went about 5 to 7lbs. There a ton of lakes in that area that all fish well. All of the lakes are not far from Sunriver. I hope this so helpful info and good luck with the fishing!!!!

R
RMateson
Great thank you so much, I reading through the forums this sounds like a great lake and any where you have a chance to catch fish that big you can't go wrong! Would you mind sharing what bait worked best for you? We fish at Hyatt and Howard Praire a lot down here. Usually catch them in the 12-18 inch range but nothing "cranebow" size, haha

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
C
cowboysfan
There is many choices up here, they all usually fish well, knowing how and where is the question for them all. knowing what species you want to go after is the question? crane and davis have bass along with trout, all others are mostly trout and koke's

S
steelhead_slayer
crane, wickiup, and davis have both trout and bass.

C
cowboysfan
steelhead_slayer said:
crane, wickiup, and davis have both trout and bass.

I stand corrected!

S
steelhead_slayer
not a correcting just an add on

R
RMateson
Perfect, thank you all. I think we are going to do Crane and go for trout. One of the dudes is a avid bass guy but the rest of us like to trout fish. I will dive into the Crane section and see if I can't pick up some tips. If any one has and suggestions or where on the lake to fish or what sort of bait to use that would be sweet!

N
neverbackdown7
If you get the big bugs on the shoreline and use them as bait under a bobber you should do pretty well.

R
RMateson
Will do! It is getting closer by the day, super stoked! Thanks for the advice.

N
neverbackdown7
I'm pumped too I'll be over there labor day weekend haha no prob