Fishin the south jetty

S
salmon_slayer87
Im thinking about heading out Thursday. Any bait suggestions? Im fairly new to jetty fishing. What's the best way to rig up? Thanks,
Dale

brandon4455
brandon4455
bottom fishing sandshrimp or worms would probably be a good bet

B
bythesea
Ya,you can usually allways catch something with sandshrimp.bring plenty of hooks and weights you'll need 'em you can use a fish finder set-up with shrimp.I'm allways throwing 6" grubs on a 3/4 oz lead head for lings.good luck and be safe.I'll be out tomorrow (florence) I'm the one w/the red life vest.

Last edited:
C
Coastaldweller
An amazing way to catch lings(which they are in close due to spawning) is to rig up a slip bobber much like you would for salmon. Use green label herring on a mooching rig 7-10 under a bobber. You shouldn't lose any gear if you fish it correctly and it will produce lings. I am hooked on this style. Caught 2 keepers off the north jetty in Coos Bay last weekend along with several dozen keepers last season. You don't have to cast out very far, work just a little ways off of the rocks. Good luck, let us know how you do!

C
CoastieFlo
heading down that way right now....if anyone sees a white T100 Pickup with a big guy inside say hi lol.

B
bythesea
CoastieFlo said:
heading down that way right now....if anyone sees a white T100 Pickup with a big guy inside say hi lol.

so how did things go down @ winchester,bay ???

S
salmon_slayer87
Well I didn't go. I couldn't get away from the house.

B
bythesea
salmon_slayer87 said:
Well I didn't go. I couldn't get away from the house.

then you should have took it with you :lol: :lol:,,,,,,,It might be a while now it looks like large swells and high wins are going to be around for a while.

Last edited:
S
salmon_slayer87
Lol. Of course the weather is going to change. Thats my luck lol. I will get out this summer for sure though.