First Nook!

T
Troutier Bassier
Thanks,
salmon fishing Is so Easy! No wounder sooo Many people do it. I think I should be one of those Salmon, Trout, Steelheader guys.........
Tomarrow im gonna get my Limit of 4 Nooks, and Coho.

O
osmosis
you're right shooting fish in a barrel is definitely easy :lol: (one thats less than half full of water at that).
Nice tule's, but I know how folks fish big creek and most of those fish fall victim of line angle, those tule's in big creek are known to not bite well at all. Not trying to knock your fish, but dont tell us salmon fishing is easy - I know what big creek is like and what goes on.

p.s. the limit is 2 adult fish only one may be chinook, until september 1st..

F
fishnquest
Great job. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

T
Troutier Bassier
osmosis said:
p.s. the limit is 2 adult fish only one may be chinook, until september 1st..

Why dose everyone keep 2?

T
tnffishman
Good Job TB, I have only been to Big Creek once, and I caught the biggest fish of my life, a nice big Tule Chinook

A
Anyfishisfine
Those are some seriously nice fish.

F
Fishtopher
I can't find anything that says its not 2.

T
Troutier Bassier
Same Heer.
I guess you can use 2 Hooks. Im guessing why people dont use them is cause there worried of Snagging. Well, Some people.

T
tumblin1
Nice fish!!!:clap:

H
here2fish
nice job!

Howd it cut?

F
FishKiller23
Those fish are tules man very fun to fight. I havnt checked out big creek but last time I went there was tons upon tons of people and a lot of people snaging and not tagin fish...I belive those fish are whitish meat? I hear some of the bucks cut pinkish who knows.. Good smokers I guess??

but basicly flossin there or getting a lucky in the mouth hook set. by the way I belive the limit is 2 and the creek closes and reopens in OCT.

W
wormosa
Kodiak said:
YAAAAA! Now you gotta edit your signature!

hey how did you guys do not the siletz?

K
Kodiak
wormosa said:
hey how did you guys do not the siletz?

Didn't make it. Called me last night from work and put me on call...jerks!

Congrats TB..and even wearing mens pants!

S
steelhead_stalkers
Salmon easy to catch!! That's a good one. :lol: :lol: Salmon are a pain in the butt and you have to work for them. Good job on the fish.

Why do Tules not eat well? What makes them different from other Chinook?

H
here2fish
Quote: Why do Tules not eat well? What makes them different from other Chinook?

My understanding is that they do not have far to go to their spawning grounds, and therefore dont have the fat reserve of their URB cousins. They start turning immidietely and may even have some color when they enter freshwater.

Just the way they are programmed I guess.

Dont quote me on this...:)

S
Swamp Puppy
Congrats on the fish!

D
Dan Feller
Congratulations!

Congratulations!

That must have felt pretty good!

M
metalmania
here2fish said:
Quote: Why do Tules not eat well? What makes them different from other Chinook?

My understanding is that they do not have far to go to their spawning grounds, and therefore dont have the fat reserve of their URB cousins. They start turning immidietely and may even have some color when they enter freshwater.

Just the way they are programmed I guess.

Dont quote me on this...:)

Yep that's right. They turn real quick and lose most of there food value upon entering fresh water or even before that.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Cool, I have heard that salmon in small water like creeks and other rivers I wont mention eat micro jigs. I have not fished for Chinook with them but have a few friend who do! Might be something different to throw at those salmon in small creeks and rivers. ;)

T
Troutier Bassier
Why do salmon are so Stupid?
"Hey! Im just gonna go put my Stomach over TB's Hook and make him look like he has a bite so He can set it in my Stomach and get yelled at by a bunch of People and Snap his Line."

Story of today.