East lake rainbow trout

J
jabs67
Went to East lake last week and had a blast. The catching was pretty good. Lots of rainbows. There were so many callibaetis hatches. My fly selection was limited so i mostly slow trolled buggers in the float tube in the mornings and banked it with the wife in the afternoons. My boys and 2 year old grandson was up for 2 days. Found out my grandson has no fear of water. Yep.. straight in fully clothed. All in all had a lot of fun.

Reactions: cowboysfan
B
bigsteel
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

S
Spydeyrch
Nicely done!! :clap: :dance:

i know what you mean about your little guy not being afraid of the water. We went to the beach a few weekends ago to go camping. Our little 15 month old would run straight into the ocean barefoot and screaming with full throttle on the excitement!! At least until a smaller wave knocked him over into the cold cold water!! hahahaha, his face was priceless!! :lol:

Again, great job Jabs!! Way to spend some time with the family. That is always important. :D

-Spydey

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Sounds like a good time. Thanks for sharing.

troutdude
troutdude
Sounds like your grandson thought he could catch his limit bare fisted!!!

I can almost hear his wee little voice now...

"Me Tarzan...you fish"!

What a beautiful bow!

J
jabs67
Thanks all for the comments. It was one of the best camping trips i have been to. I'm so diggen this grandpa stuff.

A
alm21
LOL, kids... Yeah, that's a nice fish you're holding there. Sounds like a great trip!

C
cowboysfan
nice jabs! glad you guys had a good time,my 3 year old grandson did the same thing at scout lake last summer clothes and all bad thing was the bottom dropped really fast and the poor boy disappeared, I never seen my son in law move so fast! did not seem to phase him though because later when they were ready to go swimming and he was properly attired with all the flotation devises he charged the water like it was going to dry up before he could get in.

S
steelhead_slayer
My niece did the same thing in the Deschutes during winter. It was a cold walk home bundling here up in my arms and sweatshirt.

G
Griz
Thanks for the report.............Sounds like you had a GREAT time and making memories.

O
OnTheDrop
Nice report! Been goin to that lake for almost 20years now and is a top camping destination for my family and I... I can't count the memories Ive had growing up on this lake...If anyone has not had the chance to make it to East Lake i highy reccomend it... Fishing is always excellent and theres so much to do up there with a family. My dad and I still make trips there every early June for a week in search of the big browns... Man im getting hit with emotions just thinking about it. Glad to see you had some good success and een a better time.

J
jabs67
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Nice report! Been goin to that lake for almost 20years now and is a top camping destination for my family and I... I can't count the memories Ive had growing up on this lake...If anyone has not had the chance to make it to East Lake i highy reccomend it... Fishing is always excellent and theres so much to do up there with a family. My dad and I still make trips there every early June for a week in search of the big browns... Man im getting hit with emotions just thinking about it. Glad to see you had some good success and een a better time.

Thats awesome!! We have been going there for about 12 years now. We have gotten the same camp spot 12 years in a row now. lol