Eagle looking good.

S
sethinoregon
Just got back from the creek. It looked real nice. It was a little high at Bonnie but was perfect up around Eagle Fern. None landed but missed one and saw a few more. Watter was perfect steel green. Sorry no pics.

S
sts slayer
thanks for the report it is time to put some ink on the new tag lol

W
waco
No luck for me either! I'm going back tomorrow!

W
wozniasm
waco said:
No luck for me either! I'm going back tomorrow!

Good luck to ya!
Try the large boulder/cliff just at the parking lot. That's where I got my hit (I think). Bobbered and jigged it within 6 inches from the rock.

J
jordanshadow
I was there today too. It was a dreamy green with good flow. I floated jigs on a float, sighted two fish but 0/0 today :(. Taught a newbie to Oregon how to fish corkies, and came across nothing but nice people who all but invited me to fish their spots.

See ya all on the river.

C
ConcernedCitizen
I was up there yesterday scouting around. Had to leave when trees started crashing down around me... Not a fun place when the wind picks up. I do agree about the nice people, though. The gentleman I was chatting with while dodging trees was more than helpful in getting me pointed in the right direction. Nice looking river. Looking forward to getting back up there soon to actually test the waters.

I do have a quick question regarding Bonnie Lure, though. Is it really just a maze of muddy trails, or did I just miss the main path? I tried making my way to the Clackamas, which I did, but it was pretty rough going. I had to take the long way around, as I didn't have any waders, and there were some serious puddles to contend with. Is it best to stick to the bank of Eagle Creek, or are there some good spots down towards the mouth?