different spots along the coast

S
simijab
My girlfriend and I will be making a road trip at the end of feb- begining of march and I would love to get on some fish. I have never fished the coast before and was wondering what areas are better than others. Not a big fan of crowds so some of the more secluded spots would be good. Any info would be great if you guys are willing to share. Not looking for anyones secret holes just some general info. THANKS!!

madasahab
madasahab
simijab said:
My girlfriend and I will be making a road trip at the end of feb- begining of march and I would love to get on some fish. I have never fished the coast before and was wondering what areas are better than others. Not a big fan of crowds so some of the more secluded spots would be good. Any info would be great if you guys are willing to share. Not looking for anyones secret holes just some general info. THANKS!!

North or south coast? PM me if you like...

B
bran_man
That's getting more close to the end of the run for most rivers I would imagine. But there should still be some around. Just dont expect ocean fresh chromers ha ha.I know that most of the winter steel rivers are all pretty good producers. good luck with the no crowds though. may not be as bad since its going to be pretty late in the season, but there are almost always crowds. weekends are worse obviously. If you want to get away, you'll probably just half to hike a mile or two up/down river. Only thing about that though is most of the time is, there are crowds in spots because thats where the fish are, and usually when venturing off may decrease your chances of hooking up.... could increase your chances too though. just saying it could be a risky move, or it could pay off too. What area of the state will you be in?

Last edited:
madasahab
madasahab
Not true...caught this 17# pig the end of March and this chromer the beginning of April...Just sayin... 100_0430.jpg

nestuccaSteelie.jpg

S
simijab
Thanks for the info guys keep it coming. We will be driving the coast all the way from california to seattle. So i will be passing anything and everything. It will be a two week road trip and we probably wont be up that way again for a long time.

S
simijab
madasahab said:
North or south coast? PM me if you like...

Thanks man i will take you up on that when i get a chance. Talk to you soon