Custom rod building

madasahab
madasahab
I am interested in building a custom rod. I was wondering if there are kits you can buy with all the stuff needed. Not concerned if the kit comes with a blank or not, but I do want quality for sure. Any help?

Casting Call
Casting Call
Try the bait shop in Otis , all the help you will ever need.

madasahab
madasahab
Casting Call said:
Try the bait shop in Otis , all the help you will ever need.

Knight's ?

R
rippin fish lips
madasahab said:
I am interested in building a custom rod. I was wondering if there are kits you can buy with all the stuff needed. Not concerned if the kit comes with a blank or not, but I do want quality for sure. Any help?

Nice! Wish i could help on this one. I want a custom 8'2" Medium light action. Think that size would be too much fun on summers

Irishrover
Irishrover
Cabelas has kits on line.

T
Tacomasteelheader
My buddy builds rods for people he knows in eugene and he uses the mudhole tackle company. Pretty wide selection of rod building materials . From what he has told me , i realize ur first few rods should be old broken ones so you can get the guide knot tying down and the glue epoxy mixture set up just right.

J
JeannaJigs
x2 on mudhole.com they have everything you need and then some. My suggestion is get a cheap crappy bass kit (that's what I did) and practice on that. I picked up a couple whole kits for 19 a piece and wasn't sad when I eff'd it up, because you will the first time.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Next door to the Otis Cafe.......

T
todd_brooks
mmmmyummm Otis Cafe...

madasahab
madasahab
Casting Call said:
Next door to the Otis Cafe.......

No thanks. They referred me to a guy to fix my reel and I spent 20 $ and it was the same when I got it back. I go see Charlie when I need something for fishing or go to englund marine or bimart or elsewhere.

madasahab
madasahab
JeannaJigs said:
x2 on mudhole.com they have everything you need and then some. My suggestion is get a cheap crappy bass kit (that's what I did) and practice on that. I picked up a couple whole kits for 19 a piece and wasn't sad when I eff'd it up, because you will the first time.

Good idea

Casting Call
Casting Call
Wow! I thought you ask about rod kits and maybe blanks. I don't E'lunds has rods or blanks, even bi-mart. The shop I told you about didn't even fix your reel. So why blame him? Sorry for the misunderstanding of your request. Just try'n to help. CC

madasahab
madasahab
Casting Call said:
Wow! I thought you ask about rod kits and maybe blanks. I don't E'lunds has rods or blanks, even bi-mart. The shop I told you about didn't even fix your reel. So why blame him? Sorry for the misunderstanding of your request. Just try'n to help. CC

No big deal, and I do appreciate the help. I was just voicing my opinion about the place. When you recommend someone, it reflects back on you. This is why I don't care for the place. They vouched for this guy and he was a hack.

Casting Call
Casting Call
I'll call him up on the carpet. For it (no names of course) Anyway did you get my pm?

Casting Call
Casting Call
Madasahab! Sorry I don't know your name. I felt that I needed to do a follow-up on my recomendation of the tackle shop I so strongly recomended the other day and still do. Let me first say that it was not Knight's bait shop that I suggested. It was the shop next to the Otis cafe and not the one that's farther out of town across from the bridge. Anyway here's the scoop. Carl was the guy that your reel was farmed out to for maintenance and also did work for the otis shop. The owner of the otis shop had five reels done by carl, the very next day they were used on a party boat and three of them malfunctioned needless to say the skipper and the shop owner were not very happy to say the least. The owner said he has gotten a lot of complaints about carls work. He wants to stand behind his shop/name and either refund your money or send the ur reel to newport to be done right.(I know you didn't get it done through him). Talk to Tamie about ur reel and look at the rod building she does. I am having both my rods Lamie & Loomis fitted with extra rod top sections for quick change in the field for bait and switch actions. She is that good and cheap. She has hundreds of blanks. Let me know it turns out. Just pay them a vist. You won't be sorry. CC

F
FISHON!
Can anyone guide me to someone who makes great quality custom made rods that is reasonably priced? I am debating about trying to build my own or having one made by someone else. Thanks!

T
Tacomasteelheader
me contact me ^