Crappie May 5th

F
Fishpdx
Went out looking for some bass and had no bites and no action, switched to crappie rig and had better luck, I was using a green tube and a #10 prince nymph , #30 braid #6 leader . They weren't so big but still tasty!

image-2016-05-05-21-43-40.jpg

[video=youtube_share;nv-iBjiEow0]https://youtu.be/nv-iBjiEow0[/video]

E
espencer757
I am so jealous. Crappie is one of my favorite eating fish, and I can't catch one to save my life.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

F
Fishpdx
espencer757 said:
I am so jealous. Crappie is one of my favorite eating fish, and I can't catch one to save my life.

Try changing your presentation, like for me when fish for them in a creek that enters a river I will fish it fairly slow, cast out with float and pull the line with your rod as slow as possible and when you feel a small tug set the hook, when fishing lakes I like to get rid of the float and basically jig it . This year I'm having luck with 1-2 inch tubes , last year the crappie was only biting the 1/80oz micro jigs they didn't even try biting the bigger tubes, This year they don't bite the small jigs I used last year.
Try changing colors,sizes,line,daytime hours,weather.

M
montym
Do send us a couple of before and after pics after you get your third eye ☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

E
espencer757
Oh, I'm sure I could catch them if they are there. I just never seen to find a place to fish for them when the bite is on.

bass
bass
Great video! I never got into fishing two jigs at once when I lived in NC. We would catch them one after another, but somehow one jig seemed like enough. Maybe I will add a second jig to my panfish set up. Good thing is that you can try two different styles or colors.

F
Fishpdx
bass said:
Great video! I never got into fishing two jigs at once when I lived in NC. We would catch them one after another, but somehow one jig seemed like enough. Maybe I will add a second jig to my panfish set up. Good thing is that you can try two different styles or colors.

Yes I always put 2 different styles on, lets me cover more water and let's me know what fish want today. I like fishing 2 jigs because sometimes it's hard to find the depth where the fish are.