Coho silver salmon above Willamette Falls

M
masmith

I am assuming they had a boat- I see no access via google maps.

A
adambomb
with over 13,000 fish counted so far, I sure hope somebodys catchin them

W
wormosa
I am assuming they had a boat- I see no access via google maps.
they did have a boat, she told me one was a 13 lb. and the other was a 20 lb. i found this hard to believe...

W
wormosa

F
FishSchooler
M
Mike123
Without a fishladder?

There's a "fish ladder" at Willamette falls.
And I believe fish make it over without using the fish ladder so I've been told.

S
solution7
I gotta see this

I gotta see this

I am gonna make some time next week to go scout this out and try and find these fish near the mouth of the yamhill. I want to find this local fishing. I live in McMinnville and this kind of fishing would be perfect and very close by. I hope the fish aren't too dark.

F
FishSchooler
There's a "fish ladder" at Willamette falls.
And I believe fish make it over without using the fish ladder so I've been told.

I mean before the fish ladder was ever constructed. That fish has gotta have hops.

B
beaverfan
I mean before the fish ladder was ever constructed. That fish has gotta have hops.

Before the fish ladder was built they just used the locks that have been there since 1873 or something like that.

S
Steelheader4Life
Solution7,

Most of the fish are pretty dark (or very red) by the time they get to the Yamhill. I have got lucky enough to land a couple chromers last year. After they head up the Yamhill they pour into it's tributaries, but from what I undretsand all Tributaries are closed. Just throw lures and you're almost guaranteed to get one. I seen a few at the mouth of Willamina Creek already, so they have to be all throughout the lower river.

W
wormosa
gonna throw me some spinners on saturday... i want SALMON !!! lol

W
wormosa
i am going saturday and i will update you...and i will be using some tco spinners... and i hope i get one kodiak

F
FishSchooler
Before the fish ladder was built they just used the locks that have been there since 1873 or something like that.

I mean like way back when...

F
FishSchooler
Like 1500s?

A
Anyfishisfine
When I was a kid we used to catch smolt in Deer Creek, a Yamhill trib. The old timers say there used to be a nice run up the creek, and to me that means 1940's-1960's.

B
bigfootfish
Coho on the Santiam

Coho on the Santiam

A friend of mind caught a bright, orange-meated 8 pound Coho buck off the Jefferson boatramp yesterday around sunrise. It certainly was a beautiful fish. He lost a larger one which was also bright. These on a #5 rainbow pattern Blue Fox spinner. Actually, just about any spinner will work, he thinks.
As of Oct. 2nd, 14,200 Coho above the falls.

BFF

Last edited:
B
bigfootfish
Coho at Roger's Landing

Coho at Roger's Landing

I need to correct something: it's Roger's Landing at Newberg, not Robert's Landing. My bad.

BFF