New coho limit above Willamette Falls, tribs

S
SailCat
The ODFW announced earlier this week, "Effective Wednesday, October 15, the daily
bag limit for coho salmon increases to three fish on the Willamette mainstem above Willamette Falls, and the Molalla, Santiam, Yamhill, South Yamhill and Tualatin rivers. Prior to the rule change, the limit was two coho per day."

A little more rain and a drop in water temps would certainly improve prospects.

Reactions: Raincatcher
D
downes157
Never fished above the falls.. Are there any good bank spots? I live in gladstone so any info would help thanks...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
As Tony the Tiger would say...Grrrrreat! Thanks for the good news! :peace:

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
downes157 said:
Never fished above the falls.. Are there any good bank spots? I live in gladstone so any info would help thanks...
There is the dock in West linn @ the mouth of the Tualatin good luck.

D
DrTheopolis
And ABOVE THE FALLS, coho don't have to be finclipped. Below the Falls, they do.

plumbertom
plumbertom
This must be indicative of good numbers in the fish count at the falls.
Do the Coho make it up to Eugene in numbers high enough to have a reasonable expectation of catching one?
I've seen the posted count very close to 1000 fish per day, How long does it take them to travel this far?

D
downes157
where are they being caught at. Lets get after em

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
NWDiscer said:
There is the dock in West linn @ the mouth of the Tualatin good luck.
Hmmm, so, is "above the falls" north or south of Oregon City? :sad:

D
downes157
I am just looking for some direction you tell me... If I look up west linn dock will i find it? anyone with hints or locations let me know please thanks

O
OnTheDrop
Raincatcher said:
Hmmm, so, is "above the falls" north or south of Oregon City? :sad:

It's south of Oregon City.

B
Big3d
Downes, it's at willamette park. There is bank access for the tualatin itself too if there are boats then you can't use the dock. Usually it isn't a problem though. Also you could try the mouth of the mollala river

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
Big3d said:
Downes, it's at willamette park. There is bank access for the tualatin itself too if there are boats then you can't use the dock. Usually it isn't a problem though. Also you could try the mouth of the mollala river

The walk to the mouth is a heck of a walk 30 min.+ and the last 1/3 of the walk is machette recomended. I went out a couple of times this summer and it was easier to wade the shoreline of the willy, rather than battle all the brush. The trails were really overgrown on the MRSP side I didn't go out on the Charbonneau side this summer.

E
eugene1
plumbertom said:
Do the Coho make it up to Eugene in numbers high enough to have a reasonable expectation of catching one?

In a word, no. They are lazy fish that head to Willy tribs much lower in the system than EUG. LOL.

Best,

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
D
DrTheopolis
Raincatcher said:
Hmmm, so, is "above the falls" north or south of Oregon City?

Actually, it's both. Downtown Oregon City is just below the Falls, the southern end of town is above. Same goes for West Linn -- which is across (west/north, since the river turns back north a little below the Falls). Both cities are both above and below.