Coastal success

T
troutmasta
Raincatcher said:
Let's all get back to fishing, sharing our fishing experiences, asking fishing questions and telling whoppers about our biggest fish. Oh, and at least try to stay on track a little more.
Great looking fish Todd!

Yes ma'am!

and, once again, that fish is Slug Todd!

I
Iki Jime
Thank you, Raincatcher.

Tonight, I made Salmon chowder from the stock that I made from the Coho head, skeleton and fins that was left over after I filleted the fish. It was divine! Truth be told, I actually over ate... I just couldn't stop, it was so good.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/salmon-chowder-238699

That is the recipe. The leftover skeleton/ skull will get buried into my garden, where worms will turn it into magical growing worm poo. LOL.

Rifle season for deer is starting this weekend, so it looks like I'll be checking out the hunting forum and may be absent from this part until I fill my deer tag. I'll get back in touch for winter steelhead season!

T
TimberTodd
Wow I don't believe I have ever started a thread that was this active, even if half the posts were off topic:D.

I
Iki Jime
TimberTodd said:
Wow I don't believe I have ever started a thread that was this active, even if half the posts were off topic:D.

I had to LOL after that post. Discussion forums can be unpredictable that way.

I
Iki Jime
Went out to Coos River and trolled with plug cut herring in a friend's boat. He caught a wild Chinook, and his wife caught a wild Coho (that was larger than the Chinook!). I lost my leader on a big bite.

They sent me home with the Chinook, which had roe. I was anticipating making some roe sacs for bait, but the GF got them again.