FishSchooler
Raally?

B
Boywhofishes
:D:lol: yeah

F
FishSchooler
I bertter start buyin some likkle ticklets for you! :D:lol::D:lol::D
Oh wait, I get mar barnefit if I win the lottry...

B
Boywhofishes
yeah but if we work togever and but teh same amunt o ticktles then we can bof bye a boat and a twuk :D

F
FishSchooler
Ill sneak into powerball's HQ and steal the winning number tonight. Meet me there. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

S
sirsnagalot
i'm headed to clear lake tonight after work for camping/fishing for the weekend. I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes, this will also be my first time actually fishing for trout I'm going to be using my ultra light set up with 6lb line with spinner baits and switching to worm and hook and i also have power bait. Any advice for me? also i'll be fishing off the bank and from a boat

F
FishSchooler
Spinnerbaits for trout? They are only for bass... Or do you mean inline spinners?

B
Boywhofishes
if you're going to the non-motorized one you won't do to well from the bank but the evening bite is amazing, just sit in a cove (in a boat) and cast your powerbait and then slowly reel in and then wham! :D

S
sirsnagalot
hahah yea, i was using spinner baits. like i said it was my first time and i thought i'd try a bit of everything and plus fishing was pretty bad since i didn't get anything all bad and my friend only got 1 and from whoever i yelled at from the bank on their boats said they didn't get very much either. The largest number I heard someone catching was 4 between 2 people for hours on the boat. :(

B
Boywhofishes
they jsut sotcked it on the 28th of july i don't knwo why it would be bad :think: did you try powerbait?

C
Combat Chuck
Im headed up tomorrow, hopefully to find some fish!

B
Boywhofishes
good luck to you, i wish i could get up there this time of year it is soooo beautiful right now, try and get some pics?:D:clap:

C
Combat Chuck
Fishing was steady, caught some every time I touched the water no mater the time of day. I was trolling flat fish some of the time and when I got tired I would drop anchor and fish power bait with small single hooks. I mostly fished a couple hours at a time with the most caught in a trip being 8 and the least 1. I actually had much better success in the afternoon-evening than I did either of the mornings.

G
Griz
I have fished clear lake too many times to count over the years and would say it is one of my favorite places to fish in Oregon. This is what I use and have never had any trouble catching fish in Clear Lake.

I slide a egg sinker on my main line and tie it to a swivel. Then I take a long leader of line ( 3 to 4 feet long!) of 2 or 4 pound test line. I tie the leader to a small hook like a single egg hook. Next I put a just enough powerbait (Rainbow with glitter) to cover the hook. You are ready to fish! Cast it out and watch your line. Early spring and late fall are my favorite times to fish Clear Lake. I think most people make the mistake of useing to heavy of line and with a lake like Clear Lake you must use long leader. If you are not catching on 4 pound test switch to 2 or 3 pound leader.

Good Luck Fishing!

C
Combat Chuck
Griz said:
I have fished clear lake too many times to count over the years and would say it is one of my favorite places to fish in Oregon. This is what I use and have never had any trouble catching fish in Clear Lake.

I slide a egg sinker on my main line and tie it to a swivel. Then I take a long leader of line ( 3 to 4 feet long!) of 2 or 4 pound test line. I tie the leader to a small hook like a single egg hook. Next I put a just enough powerbait (Rainbow with glitter) to cover the hook. You are ready to fish! Cast it out and watch your line. Early spring and late fall are my favorite times to fish Clear Lake. I think most people make the mistake of useing to heavy of line and with a lake like Clear Lake you must use long leader. If you are not catching on 4 pound test switch to 2 or 3 pound leader.

Good Luck Fishing!

That is exactly what I found to work for me