Clack Tomorrow?

V
VagrantAngler
Thinking of heading out early in the AM tomorrow. Anybody been getting into the summers between Cross and Riverside?

D
drew
is it a good time to steal head fish in the clack now?

I dont know too much about fishing but i love to do it with a few friends and last summer i got a big stealhead(i think) on a trout poll and the line broke once i got them to the shore the line snapped. happened two different times!!!

I fish where the Clackamas river hits the Willamette river near the bridge
Thanks

Y
youngbuck307
o yea clack is great right now steelhead and salmon in there right now... if i could only get one to the bank.... if i find my car keys i will be at cross and riverside probably

V
VagrantAngler
heading out now...overslept a bit I'm heading to Cross first probably be across the bridge. I'll have a White(well it used to be) N.C. Hat on.

K
koboabe
I was at Riverside yesterday, but we didn't have a single bite... I might be fishing in the wrong spot though.
I know it was the first hot weekend, but that park was packed with folks.
is Riverside always busy in the summer?

J
just1nook
Nice catch VA! Sorry it wasn't a keeper. Which drift ya pull it out of?

V
VagrantAngler
Across the bridge at Cross park on the Rock point. Best part was I had an audience...Clackamas County Sherriff was taking photo's of their fast response boat when I hooked into her

F
Fishtopher
nice catch. 5-0 does a lot of training and crap in that area. come to think of it, they do a lot of actual work in that area too.
everytime i snag up there, i get to thinkin' bout hookin up with a stiff of some kid that drown the day before when I fish that stretch from high rocks to cross. could happen...right?

K
koboabe

HAHA, you never know what you will find downstream from high rocks
do you guys like Cross park or Riverside more?

V
VagrantAngler
I've hit Riverside a few times, usually when the water is up a bit and I like the drifts there. Haven't been very succesful but I like the look of the water. Cross is just sooooo close to the house that I often get lazy and head over there. My favorite River is the Nisqually up in Olympia, Wa. It's in my parents back yard so I got to know it fairly well. It's just to damned far to drive most of the time.

F
Fishtopher