Carmen Diversion

T
TTFishon
Went up to Carmen today with a buddy and his son. I threw a kastmaster for a while without any luck then switched to power bait on the bottom. We all got bites on every cast but only managed 7 to the bank. Nothing big, just a bunch of pellet heads. Kept 4 for dinner and released the rest. The weather wasn't too bad for a few hours anyway. Then came the thunder and pouring rain so we decided to leave. All in all a pretty good few hours of fishing. Here's a couple of pics http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq290/tedfishmon/100_3328.jpg
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq290/tedfishmon/100_3329.jpg
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq290/tedfishmon/100_3330.jpg
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq290/tedfishmon/100_3336.jpg
BTW, the upper Mckenzie was high but had good color and Leaburg Lake looked good too.
 
troutdude
troutdude
Carmen is one of ultimate favorite places to float tube!

Next time you go, try olive green or black woolly buggers and a "torpedo" shaped bobber (w/ 4' of leader). WHAM! You'll have a blast!
 
T
TTFishon
I thought about using a fly but then remembered that I left my flies at home like a dumbarse. Fish were feeding on the surface too. Oh well, maybe next time.
 
Troutski
Troutski
Smith

Smith

That whole system has great angling opportunities, Trail Bridge, Carmen and Smith. My favorite is Smith....great place for Brookies and Cutts. Nice pictures, thanks!!!

Chuck
 
T
Thuggin4Life
Man i was up almost that far and have a hard time believing that those pics are from today. Nice pics. Bet it was nice to get out.
 
T
TTFishon
It's funny because it poured pretty much the whole way there then we get there and the weather was decent for a few hours anyway. And yes, it was nice getting out.
 
T
Thuggin4Life
same thing with cougar only a bit of rain but was wet the way there and back. even got some sun up there for a while. man it was wet but i gues we found the few dry spots.
 
T
TTFishon
At least fishing was good and it was warm out so I can't really complain. I am sick of the rain though.
 
troutdude
troutdude
TTFishon said:
At least fishing was good and it was warm out so I can't really complain. I am sick of the rain though.

I think we all echo your weather sentiments my friend...even us native webfoots.

I always carry woolly buggers and some leech patterns (ala Jim Teeney). As Karl Malden might say...

"never leave home without 'em!" lol
 
M
Mike123
Hey TT, if you copy the link that says IMG, it will display all your pics on the thread, not just the links. :)

Cool pics btw! I used to fish that all the time, but I usually can't help but fish TB and Smith most trips. haha
 
troutdude
troutdude
Troutski said:
That whole system has great angling opportunities, Trail Bridge, Carmen and Smith. My favorite is Smith....great place for Brookies and Cutts. Nice pictures, thanks!!!

Chuck

And don't forget about the Mac, as it enters Trail Bridge.
 
T
TTFishon
Mike123 said:
Hey TT, if you copy the link that says IMG, it will display all your pics on the thread, not just the links. :)

Cool pics btw! I used to fish that all the time, but I usually can't help but fish TB and Smith most trips. haha

Hey thanks for the pic posting tips. Yeah, I wanted to fish TB bad but my buddy had to leave. Maybe next time.
 
N
nwkiller
nice work TT
 
S
steelhead1
Ummm,did anyone look at those pics?Seems like smith river res to me.I was at Carmen on saturday for a few minutes,and thats not it....Good pics though:)
 
troutdude
troutdude
steelhead1 said:
Ummm,did anyone look at those pics?Seems like smith river res to me.I was at Carmen on saturday for a few minutes,and thats not it....Good pics though:)

Uhhh...DING DING. Right you are. That is NOT Carmen.

Wonder if the wrong pics got uploaded?
 
T
TTFishon
You guys are correct. Google Maps For some reason I always get those two lakes mixed up. It's a show of my dyslexia on an extreme level. lol
 
J
jacobbob68
was up at carmen on saturday and pulled out 3 around 12" one just under 15" and a small brook
 
T
TTFishon
jacobbob68 said:
was up at carmen on saturday and pulled out 3 around 12" one just under 15" and a small brook

How'd they fight? I don't know why but the fish a Smith didn't put up much of a fight at all.
 
J
jacobbob68
they all put up a good fight except for the brook i didn't know he was on till he was at the bank
 
troutdude
troutdude
TTFishon said:
You guys are correct. Google Maps For some reason I always get those two lakes mixed up. It's a show of my dyslexia on an extreme level. lol

Hey, no harm no foul.

It was pretty easy to figure out, cuz Carmen is WAY smaller (maybe 5 acres or so). Smith is well over 100 I'm sure. And Carmen doesn't have that tower gizmo at the dam.

Carmen fish have always fought good. And some of the fish from Clear Lake make there way down the Mac and into Carmen too.
 

Similar threads

M
Replies
5
Views
2K
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
jamisonace
Replies
0
Views
2K
jamisonace
jamisonace
bass
Replies
8
Views
3K
Kardoctor
K
bass
Replies
4
Views
2K
bass
bass
T
Replies
12
Views
2K
thundercleez
T
Top Bottom