Carmen Diversion

T
TTFishon
jacobbob68 said:
they all put up a good fight except for the brook i didn't know he was on till he was at the bank

Nothing like a good fight.

T
TTFishon
troutdude said:
Hey, no harm no foul.

It was pretty easy to figure out, cuz Carmen is WAY smaller (maybe 5 acres or so). Smith is well over 100 I'm sure. And Carmen doesn't have that tower gizmo at the dam.

Carmen fish have always fought good. And some of the fish from Clear Lake make there way down the Mac and into Carmen too.

I've fished Carmen a few times without any luck though. Next time I'm up that way I'm gonna have to give it a try too.

troutdude
troutdude
I have only been skunked once on Carmen, and it was in the fall.

If you can somehow float it, just SLOWLY drag Olive Green or Black Woolly Buggers along. On the surface is good, but sometimes dropped down a bit is good too.

And it that doesn't work...I switch to Power Eggs "OFF" the bottom. Lemon/Lime or Orange are usually good; but try other colors too. I also start with 3 to 3.5' of 4 pound leader.

I've not tried worms or eggs & a bobber. But, that might be good too. BTW, I recently discovered that some of our trout must be Italians. They like Garlic Scent on their worms! MAMA MIA!!!

J
jacobbob68
i always catch them on green powerbait or a worm sitting on the bottom