Bull head bait

D
dtikey
Caught this nice fish in a buddies boat with a junebug brushhog and when I landed it noticed 7-8 inch bullhead in her mouth also.Pretty hungray fish since my bait was already hog sized.I ended up loosing two more and buddy didn't get to feel any. downsized_0420121417.jpgdownsized_0420121417a.jpg

T
TimberTodd
Nice chunky fish!

F
Finneus Polebender
Nice fish my personal best 7lb 12 oz had a 10 " bullhead in its gullet bass luv bullhead!

E
eugene1
That's crazy! Bullheads have some serious spines.

T
tomriker
we catch em all the time at my place with bullheads sticking out their throats, i wish i could find a swimbait that looked like a bullhead

D
dtikey
tomriker said:
we catch em all the time at my place with bullheads sticking out their throats, i wish i could find a swimbait that looked like a bullhead

when I lived in Prineville and fished the resaviour there a lot we would use the baby blue eyes bullheads and they worked pretty good.Was about 8 years ago so dont know if they still sell them but looked pretty relistic to about 4 inch bullhead.

J
jawjacker
Mattlures makes um.

D
dtikey
jawjacker said:
Mattlures makes um.

nice looking swimbaits...pretty realistic

R
radarnut
When I was stationed in Virginia a buddy of mine and I used to catch bullhead minnows in one river to use as bait in another nearby river. Worked pretty well too!

H
Hendo30
Nice fish, may need to look into these bullhead swimbaits. Way to get up for the picuture and getting some decent strikes.