Bought me a new flyrod

S
steel Head
So I enjoyed my first flyfishing trip so much i decided to buy a new flyrod Its a okuma cascade 9'0 3pc 5w
not the best but better than what I was using
:yay:

G
GDBrown
Congratulations, You are on your way to a health addiction. :lol: Remember, it is not how much money you spend on your equipment. It is how much you use your equipment that will make fly fishing a joy in your life.

As some would say; "Welcome to the Dark Side" It's really the light side though.

GD

S
steel Head
GDBrown said:
Congratulations, You are on your way to a health addiction. :lol: Remember, it is not how much money you spend on your equipment. It is how much you use your equipment that will make fly fishing a joy in your life.

As some would say; "Welcome to the Dark Side" It's really the light side though.

GD

thank you its my second rod but a million times nicer than my other one easier to learn on

J
JeannaJigs
I have seen those rods, and I liked the feel of them. I might buy one myself. I have a cheap cabelas rod, but it's an 8 weight, and my 5wt died.

S
steel Head
JeannaJigs said:
I have seen those rods, and I liked the feel of them. I might buy one myself. I have a cheap cabelas rod, but it's an 8 weight, and my 5wt died.

I only paid $84 bones for it

J
JeannaJigs
yeah they were on sale a while back for like 60 here, and I kick myself for not snatching one up.

S
steel Head
JeannaJigs said:
yeah they were on sale a while back for like 60 here, and I kick myself for not snatching one up.

where were they on sale at walmart had the same rod set up for$120 i got it at sportsmans for $84

J
JeannaJigs
Dicks. I think. Or maybe bimart. I can't recall where i saw them, been looking at rods and stuff all over. I never shop at walmart for fishin' stuff, and there's no sportsmans here :(

W
waco
I saw them at bi-mart!!

W
wozniasm
$80 on Amazon

S
steelhead_slayer
it's nice to have an expensive rod, but a cheaper one will still last you a long time and get the job done

S
steel Head
steelhead_slayer said:
it's nice to have an expensive rod, but a cheaper one will still last you a long time and get the job done

yeah my first one is a old martin the guy that helped me at the D told me I will pick up the pace with a better rod not exspencive but not a antique