Biters in the Sandy!!!!

A
alm21
bigdog said:
Way to go alm21 nice fish and nice effort to get to the fish. Yes you need to go that extra mile and find the fish they aren't going to find you. Great job keep at it man.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to having a day like you guys had today!

Troutier Bassier said:
Nice fish, What size fox is that?

It's a size 4, Michael Jackson body and a chrome blade with a chartreuse tip. This spinner has been getting some action. There is a fish swimming around with one of these in her mouth. Let me know if you come across it. :)

F
Fishandtarter
Great fish man! I would love to head out with some of you guys. Have been to parts of Cedar across the river the last few weeks. Met Kirkster, cool guy and gave me some good advice. My next day off is this Friday, want to start early early with someone. Any of you guys have a place set for this day?

B
bigdog
Fishandtarter said:
Great fish man! I would love to head out with some of you guys. Have been to parts of Cedar across the river the last few weeks. Met Kirkster, cool guy and gave me some good advice. My next day off is this Friday, want to start early early with someone. Any of you guys have a place set for this day?

Not to sure where we are going to go this coming friday after the rain they are talking about I don't think will be able to get to the hole we have been hitting. The trip through the water is already a little scechy to get to it now, not to sure what it's going to be like next weekend.

alm21 keep at it and you will have a day like that but beware what you wish for my back and arms are killing me right now from hiking out with them fish and eggs. By the way today I got 3 hen and the other 2 guys got 2 hens each.

T
Troutier Bassier
I have the Exact same Spinner in #3 TIme to upgrade to the Big boys.

F
FishKiller23
Well me and a friend found a few at ceder creek. I picked up 2 hens and he caught 1 buck and a jack. All on eggs. We walked down past every one and fished the faster water.

F
Fishandtarter
FishKiller23 said:
Well me and a friend found a few at ceder creek. I picked up 2 hens and he caught 1 buck and a jack. All on eggs. We walked down past every one and fished the faster water.

How much weight are you using in the fast shallower water if you don't mind me asking? Good day for you by the way

Y
youngbuck307
im sure he was drifting so makes it hard to say how much lead he needed but i would think a good size piece with how the water moves there!! I dont think that he is evan going to be able to tell you unless he has a scale that can waigh grams... But i can tell you it was enough to tap bottom ever now and then!

F
FishKiller23
youngbuck307 said:
im sure he was drifting so makes it hard to say how much lead he needed but i would think a good size piece with how the water moves there!! I dont think that he is evan going to be able to tell you unless he has a scale that can waigh grams... But i can tell you it was enough to tap bottom ever now and then!

Pretty much... I always try to start out with more weight then I need that way I can just cut off little by little until I get a good drift. What worked well for me was using small section of the eggs instead of throwing a giant glob on.

Y
youngbuck307
yea i have found out coho like just a few eggs not like nooks where you can toss a glob the size of your hand lol

F
Fishandtarter
Thanks for the reply

F
Fishandtarter
Well off topic for this thread, but the rain has started!! According to the forcast, looks like rain all week. Want to gear up to go somewhere Friday morning. Sorry couped up at work and have internet time, WANT TO GO FISHING LOL..

R
rainbowfisherman
ok i can only get outm to fish for coho one time this year and i think its gonna be real soon. I would really like to get into some coho. But i have noo idea where they are other then in the sandy haha....or clackamas? i have noo boat so i will be banking it any "secret" holes. What sort of bait? Really hope to hear back from everyone
-thanks
rainbowfisherman

G
GDBrown
Rainbow,

Search some of the past threads about the Sandy and the Clack. They have been talked about at length and in great detail. Maybe some one will be able to meet you the day you fish and give you some pointers. I had never fished either until this year and found lots of info to get me started.

I just hope that with rain comes more fish and maybe I'll finally get this little skunk off my back.

GD

Reactions: rainbowfisherman
R
rainbowfisherman
thanks gd

R
rookie_drifter
wow! nice fishes guys!:shock:

J
JSpencer
GDBrown said:
I just hope that with rain comes more fish and maybe I'll finally get this little skunk off my back.

GD

One of these days we should go try to kill our skunks together GD. Maybe some teamwork can string them up by a noose...