Biters in the Sandy!!!!

A
alm21
Well done BigDog! The time you're putting in is paying off. I ran down there after work for the evening bite but no luck. They are definitely rolling around in there though!

B
bigdog
FishSchooler said:
Well... I don't even have waders, so that'll have to wait a long time.

And... what's with all the tuff faces? No smiles? :lol:

I'm not the biggest fan of pictures. Like have pics of me and my fish but never have like pics to much.

Hey we smile just not in the pics :lol:

T
tbeeze
Pipeline!

Pipeline!

Hey guys,
New to this forum. I've been fishing the Sandy for many years. I moved away and i'm back home now. I drove by the enterance to Pipeline Hole the other day and it's all blocked off. what's the best way to get in there now?
I know we don't want to give out our secrets, but I would appreciate some help.
Thanks!!!

F
FishKiller23
Nice fish guys. Bigdog and friends are really slayin them. Wish I could get out there but I think my Salmon season is done for the year. Been hunting so much and I love hunting just as much as fishing so its a hard choice. Anyway Keep it up guys maybe I can make it out a couple more times.

kirkster
kirkster
FishKiller23 said:
Nice fish guys. Bigdog and friends are really slayin them. Wish I could get out there but I think my Salmon season is done for the year. Been hunting so much and I love hunting just as much as fishing so its a hard choice. Anyway Keep it up guys maybe I can make it out a couple more times.

Salmon season hasnt even started yet we have been fishing a pilot run. ODFW just extended coho season till dec.31.

PS The entrance to pipline isn't blocked off they are doing some work there and thats fenced off. just walk around the fence.

F
FishKiller23
Yea true... but right after deer hunting I am going straight into elk mode and on from there lol.

pipeline is a good hole. But I belive the road that goes to the pipeline hole is private. I had a buddy walk it and the land owner took his photo and when he came out had a OSP there and it was a 300 dollar ticket.

But you can wade to get to it.

F
Fishydog
Hittin' it in the AM

Hittin' it in the AM

Great job guys, love seeing bloody fish.
Thought I'd head up there in the mornin', anybody else going?

B
bigdog
Fishydog said:
Great job guys, love seeing bloody fish.
Thought I'd head up there in the mornin', anybody else going?

Yeah heading out that way in the morning with Littledawg and youngbuck. Hope we see you out there.

Y
youngbuck307
see you guys a little late but ill be there for sure!!!!! leave me some fish though!!!

B
BobberDown
big dawg i did not know you where on here see it is funny how many people you meet on the river that are on the forum lately good to see your finding fish

F
Fishtopher
So you guys gonna be at P-line hole today? I was there for 6 hours yesterday and didn't sniff a fish. Quite a few in there though. Good luck.

F
Fishydog
BD where are you guys starting at?

B
bigdog
BobberDown said:
big dawg i did not know you where on here see it is funny how many people you meet on the river that are on the forum lately good to see your finding fish

Hey how you doing man I had no idea you were on here either thats funny. Yeah go figure stoped going to cedar and all the high pressure places and been getting in to some fish. Good to see you on here.

B
bigdog
Fishtopher said:
So you guys gonna be at P-line hole today? I was there for 6 hours yesterday and didn't sniff a fish. Quite a few in there though. Good luck.

Yeah we are going to start out at pipeline in the morning and after youngbuck gets there going to work out way to the other hole.

F
Fishtopher
bigdog said:
Yeah we are going to start out at pipeline in the morning and after youngbuck gets there going to work out way to the other hole.

the hole under pipeline??

A
alm21
Going the extra mile for the bite on the Sandy

Going the extra mile for the bite on the Sandy

Not trying to highjack BD's thread but after having an opportunity to fish with him and YoungBuck the other day I got to thinking about what he had to say about going the extra mile (literally) to find the fish willing to bite.

So following that train of thought, I set out today to fish on the move and scout some new water (new to me) along the Sandy. Since I was going to begin my day in the dark, I figured it best be where I had some familiarity. I began at Cedar Creek along with many other people. Around 9:30 I had no action so I packed it up and started venturing downstream.

Around 12:30-1p I was pretty far down and I finally hooked into something. It ended up being a great looking Rainbow Trout. I was running the salmon eggs I cured from the hen I caught last week. It wasn't the species I was hunting for but at least I wasn't going home skunked.

It seemed like a good time to start heading upstream and make my way home. So, I put on a spinner and starting working the river bank going back. I found a nice section that was running smooth, wide but not deep. The sun was hitting just right where I could see a fish or two holding up.

After a couple casts, BAM! I had one on shortly after I began the return. It gave me a good play and I was able to land the fish. This ended up being my SECOND SALMON EVER, and the first time I landed it by myself. I gave him the bonk & bleed. I was totally pumped! Thanks to BD and YB I now knew how to bleed a fish - yep, I'm a totally rookie.

It was a very long walk in, my legs were burning. It was a longer walk out and not only were my legs burning but now my arms were burning from hauling this buck out. A kind of burn I don't mind at all! :)

So guys, they are bitting but you may have to go the extra mile for them! Looking forward to some rain!

HPIM2024.jpg

HOOKED HIM GOOD!!!

HPIM2025.jpg

HPIM2028.jpg

B
Bohemian
Nice fish! :clap::clap::clap:

B
bigdog
Way to go alm21 nice fish and nice effort to get to the fish. Yes you need to go that extra mile and find the fish they aren't going to find you. Great job keep at it man.

T
Troutier Bassier
Nice fish, What size fox is that?

B
bigdog
Troutier Bassier said:
Nice fish, What size fox is that?

I would say that looks like a #4